Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of elements in a form (Tab Index) not working

Hi,

I am trying to make sure that the "tab" is going field by field from left to right. I edited my form by deleting a number of old elements and adding new ones and the tab follows the order in which elements were added ******logically. Same ******logical order is showed in the e-mail received from submitting the form.

I specified the Tab Index attribute in the order desired, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, the Tab Index attribute of check boxes does not retain the value input. It disappears right after clicking on OK.

Could you, please, shed a light on this issue(s)?

Thank you very much for your time.

www.expertointl.com

Re: Order of elements in a form (Tab Index) not working

For whatever reason, I noticed that in my first message the first part of 2 words has been replaced with stars.

What I am trying to say there is: c h r o n o logical.

Thank you, again.

www.expertointl.com

Comment

The order of items in TAB sequence is determined by the order they were created and placed on your page/into the FORM.

Using COPY + PASTE method to 'clone' FORM elements, for example, may seem to be more expedient, but using such shortcuts is not without consequences. Manual, ordered, creation and labelling is tedious but produces the reliable results you are seeking.

* There are certain commonplace words and terms that are still being filtered by the Forum's anit-spam measures, and it takes both some familiarity and time getting used to if to be less frustrating when posting intelligently ... (i.e. c h r o n o l o g i c a l l y and m e t h o d o l o g y both contain letter combinations of a certain Brand favorite of Spammers plying electronics). Thank goodness we have the EDIT feature of our posts to 'proof' them and to space the words out when necessary ....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

Please, help me undesrtand this correctly: I have 98 elements one form. If I decide after I finish the creation of the form that the 30th element is not the desired one, I have to remove the last 68 elements, add the 30th one and then add back the rest of 68?

What is the Tab Index attribute for?

Thanks again.

www.expertointl.com

Comment

The Tab order is the order in which you have added fields in the form. However, you can edit the order following these simple steps:

Right click the field that you want to be first, and from the right click menu, select Move to Front.

Repeat for all fields, in the desired order.

Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser before testing. The tab order can be verified also in Preview.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, again.

This still leaves me with doing Move To Front 68 times for one element. In addition, when I tried the Move To Front, I did it about 10 times really fast and now I got myself another problem: When I click on any element only on this particular form, the cursor has the normal cross shape, but I cannot see the blue dots that show the selection of that element. Any idea how can I fix this?

Also, could you, please, let me know whether Tab Index is not functional yet and if there are any plans to make it functional soon?

Thank you very much.

www.expertointl.com

Comment

The tab index IS functional. But it is the same.....

I can't help you with the cursor issue. Restart BV or even restart your computer.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Great. Thank you. Would you mind to explain how the Tab Index works? I tried it by putting index numbers in this attribute, to represent the order of the tabs. Is this how it should work? It seems to lose the numbers after I save and close BV.

Thank you, again.

Comment

Way it works: you add, for each field, the number corresponding to the way the tab should work. You need to pay attention to the numbers to avoid duplicate or missing numbers.

Yes, you are right, there is a bug and the tab index is not saved. Should be fixed in the next update.

That's why the Right Click / Move to Front method is better, it won't get lost once set.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

OK, thank you very much for your help and time.

Comment

Working...
                    X