Web Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Banner

Ok here's my problem. I am working on web banners and I have been banging my head on my desk with this one problem. I want my banner to connect to my web site when it's clicked on. I have a few friends I want to give a banner to. I have read different things, and even called the people who I am building my site with and nothing makes sense. Can someone please help me with this problem? I am a desperate person.

Rev. Michelle Holloway

IN GOD WE TRUST

Re: Web Banner

If you create your banner, and save it as an image, images can themselves be hyperlinked to wherever you desire them to deliver: in this case, if to your website, you will simply enter the URL in the Hyperlink Dialog box http://www.YourWebsiteName.com and that's all.
    (In Blue Voda, see the Tutorials to understand how to link pages or images/objects)

When sharing your banners with others, you will merely need to specify the full URL hyperlink for them to associate with your image.
    Or, if you wish to share your banner/logo in an email, for instance, you can simply add the URL in the normal manner of adding hyperlinks (as yu would to text or other objects). Most of the time you will need to do this in HTML format selection of yur email client (i.e. Outlook), as Plain or Rich format does not allow this: you can provide links, but you need to write out the full URL for it to present as active.

If you create a banner or header in Blue Voda rather than Insert as a complete Image, then you can create a transparent Shape to lay over that banner/header area completely, and proceed to hyperlink that shape with your URL .... when visitors mouseover that transparent shape (since it is "on top" of your banner) it will immediately display with the cursor that it is an available link.

* It is often helpful to enter ALT TEXT on your trnasparent Shape as well, something to the effect as a prompt -- "Click To Got To Specials Page" etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ummmm not to sound dumb but what's a hyper link? I'm just a beginner at a lot of this

Comment

Hyperlinks is the formal name for "web links," the standard method to go from one web destination to another.

I suggest you start your web-building experience at the beginning, by reviewing the Blue Voda Web Builder Tutorials, in sequence, as many times as necessary to become familiar with the terms, methods, and practices that build upon one another to provide your a framework of understanding you will need to progress effectively and with less frustration. A good feature of video instruction is the ability to pause the video to practice applying the methods immediately in an open Blue Voda work page, just to affirm your confidence in knowing how to perform the operation in particular.
        Also, if you learn in this ordered manner, you will less likely befall the common pratfalls that challenge others who eschew instruction.

You can link to the Blue Voda Tutorials by clicking on this hyperlink > Blue Voda Tutorials
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X