H-Meta Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-Meta Questions

Hello Everybody. I am a vodaHost customer ( i can prove it if i have to ), my site is under construction, so there is nothing really to show.
    anyway. I was reading this thread

and i have a few questions
    1. from my understanding, for all my h2's, h3's,h4... on my page,do i need to create each time new text box? can I just compile everything into just one HTML box from insert HTML option ?
    2. If I highlight some text in my text box and right click on it, then i can select style and I can see all those h1's h2's.....options. Is that the same thing as was discussed in "seo-proper-meta-development-techniques" thread ?
    3. h1. Is that the same option as in page property that called Page Description under meta tags option ?
    thanks.

Re: H-Meta Questions

1. a. If doing this manually, this is best done putting your "headlines" in separate Textboxes, as this preserves styles and will not interfere with following text. b. Yes, you will insert the script as one sequence (or 'instance', a single complete script) into the Head section of Page Properties as described.
    2. Either follow the instructions in the thread for manual creation, or do it according to the auto-styles as now available in the new version of Blue Voda (the thread to which you refer was created 04-29-2008 ... long before H-META tags were an option from within BV).
    3. No. Your h1 tag is refers only to written Content upon the page, specifically the first "headline" or Paragraph emphasis (see examples below). Your Page Description is a core element of page METADATA that is separate and a foundational tool to provide initial value and relevancy for the SE's to follow/build, which is why it is conveniently located within Page Properties together with Author tag, and Page Title Tag.
    The h-tags are also an important element of METADATA (the tidbits of specially empahsized code SE's use to 'classify' and establish a 'core' to their relevancy of web page evaluations), and are based on "headlines" from which the 'h' in h-tags is derived.
    * Keep in mind this all comes from the earlier days and practices of using simple Text in Headers of websites, usually accompianied with a slogan or single line text amplifier: this slogan line used to be the h1 tag, as it was the most important relevancy statement on the index page. Since the evolution to using images, logos, and graphical objects as the primary ID in index page Headers (despite attempts to propely title them), it has become more important to properly maintain METADATA development, and thus the emphasis on better composition of index page Content with compliant formatting, including h-META to define relevancy and compliance. The art of weaving "anchored" elements into the structure of each page individually may seem overly laborious, but it is essential in the ever-increasing competitive nature of the Net to make sure your Page Titles, Page Descritpions, H-Meta, page Content and even your Image Titles are truly page-specific and complimentary!

Examples of Content formatted without h-Tag consideration (1), and with (2):

A regular paragraph might start like this, typically as a Topic Sentence with one or two important phrases included, but without any headline or introductory textual device that can be used for h1 purposes.

Text Intros Are Headlines
    When typical page Content is formatted as seen here with an introductory line of text or amplified section description, it is considered a headline which can be used for h1 tags as well as be an aid to persons reading composed content to better locate or understand information, as well as emphasize relevance to content following the introduction itself.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: H-Meta Questions

Vasili. Thank You. Excellent explanation.

PS: to moderators. Please (if possible ) don't close this thread, I will have more questions on this topic in a day or 2.
      thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X