Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please test my web site before I go live...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please test my web site before I go live...

I am using Vodahost to launch our Bed & Breakfast and would really like your input.

Thanks

Chris (westover)

web url: www.micasaes2casa.com

Re: Please test my web site before I go live...

I am a Champion of clean layouts, tightly composed (and deeply relevant) Content, and balanced color shcemes that create an overal cohesive "flow" to the development of a website, thus becoming a more effective experience for visitors and the dynamics of conversion both.

You seem to have brought much of this together easily on your first project, and as such, I applaud your efforts!

The only criticism I might mention is the break in continuity between your intro page being centered and the others not. Page size alone aside (an unreasonable justification, being your intro is narrower), I feel there is no reason for you not to consider centering them all ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Extremely nice looking website well done. However, the introduction page and the lack of ANY text whatsoever (all placed as images) will make it incredibly hard for you to get your site indexed correctly on the search engines. You may want to consider looking at these points, which should have been picked up on. There is no 'relevant' content here. But you certainly have an eye for layout so well done You also need to be picked up on your keywording too, you can't have so many keywords and you certainly shouldn't have any keywords in your META data if you use images to replace where text content should be on your pages.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Made me laugh when seeing the name Oaxaca & remembering traveling there many years ago & pronouncing the name in exact English & getting blank looks from everyone.. lol. (Wa'haka)

Excellent looking site with a nice style, but Ditto with Ramsey's comments on using images as text. (Not very SE friendly). It also distorts the text & will slow the loading times down.

Good luck with the site.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

....very nice indeed.....and the text is pleasantly accurate (grammatically speaking) I'm pleased to see for a change lol
          only thing for me is I get quite a bit of side-scroll, but then I've been told I have a small screen???
          good luck
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Fabulous! You are very talented.

Since the intention is to critique...have another look at the upper right corner of the welcome page. The choice for "English" is indented more than "Espanol or Deutsch". It caught my eye because all of the other lines are so clean.

Best of luck to you!
            Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Why is there a simple generic BV menu button gallery on the lower right hand side of your index page?
              Why are a couple of your interior pages missing the backgrounds, and instead have BV buttons designs replacing them?

Looks like you are experiencing a worm ...

Also, on your last pages, it looks like you started to "Center" them in the browser, but in doing so, failed to remember that your background was set as a single image rather than an image set as a background (explains why the white gap along the left side of the screen, yes?).

Comment

Hi

Not sure what has happened to some of your pages, but the text/picture is stetched
                Pages:
                Your Facilities
                Photo Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by westover View Post
                  I am using Vodahost to launch our Bed & Breakfast and would really like your input.

Thanks

Chris (westover)

web url: www.micasaes2casa.com
                  Hello Chris

In my opinion, your site is very, very well built.

I looked at the Spanish pages and found a couple of typing mistakes and English-into-Spanish wrong translations that could be corrected.
                  Also, the directions to get in the place are not easy to follow, as it seems that some steps are missing. I went lost after Step 4, not finding Hidalgo nor Calderone. Perhaps, if you draw a line showing the full route on the map it would be easier to be followed. BTW, the header of this section starts in Spanish and ends in English.

----
                  German
                  German
                  www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Something is going on .... your site seems to be deteriorating from where it was first presented ..... I would seriously run a scan on your system to see if you are suffering and do not know it!

Comment

I guess it's back, as I can see it just fine --- when it finally loads! It takes a real long time for some reason.

I like the simplicity and color scheme a lot, but shouldn't you have some real content on the index page (which you are using as a Welcome page or portal)?? I have always been told that this one page above all needs to be fully scoring within the SE expectations. Am I wrong?
                      BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Originally posted by germansin View Post
                        Hello Chris

In my opinion, your site is very, very well built.

I looked at the Spanish pages and found a couple of typing mistakes and English-into-Spanish wrong translations that could be corrected.
                        Also, the directions to get in the place are not easy to follow, as it seems that some steps are missing. I went lost after Step 4, not finding Hidalgo nor Calderone. Perhaps, if you draw a line showing the full route on the map it would be easier to be followed. BTW, the header of this section starts in Spanish and ends in English.

----
                        German

I forgot to mention that I would be ready to help you with the Spanish texts.
                        German
                        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
                        X