X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of issues

Hi there

We're are having a couple of issues with our site. I have tried watching the tutorials again and searching for the ?'s on the forum but neither seems to just be broad enough in their explanations.

Firstly we have the domain coreparanormalnz.com and have just tried to publish our first two pages into the internet. The problem with this is that I cant find us on any search engine when I look it up. I dont understand what everyone is talking about clearing cache files and dont know it that applies to me here. I have published two pages only as we need to work on them further, only one or two things are hyperlinked and I wanted to see if that was working to know if we are on the right track.

Second question goes back a few steps but is starting to get really annoying now. My pictures saved on different pages disappear sometimes and come back others. I am working on two computers but off the same memory stick.

Do the pictures have to be saved as bvp files to get them to stay? I am saving and locking pictures and text also as I go but like I say some pictures come and some pictures go. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
    Kiri

Re: Couple of issues

1. It takes anywhere from 2 hours to 28 days for Search Engines to spider and cache pages from a new website ... it depends on the normal cycle of their scheduled visits. You can determine this schedule by looking at other websites with cached pages, clicking on a cached page at that site, and in the header of the cached page not the date: this date is the approximate time of the month this site is scheduled for regular spidering as it checks for updates and new page versions. There is nothing you can do to influence the SE visitation cycle: even submitting sites manually to the SE's does little, and possibly more harm than good, as you most definitely do not want the spiders visiting a site that is not compliant with the standards (as most incomplete sites are, since they are still being developed), and it is impossible to remove a page once cached (another reason not to be in a hurry to have a rudimentary page or site cached).
    BE PATIENT and WORK EXPEDIENTLY!

2. It is difficult to "share" single-site building between two computers, as they must mirror every aspect entirely, especially the paths and associations between the files and elements to the pages individually, as well as the pages to the server. Granted, this may sound like gobblty-gook to you now, but let it simply be said that there are hundreds of previous posts in these forums that detail methods to resolve your "annoyance" ... these being the most recent and "clear" >

A. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...rred-site.html
    B. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...-computer.html
    C. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ects-text.html

Have you discovered the wonderful Forums Search tool? Enter Key Words or Phrases to find a multitude of solutions you may select from to apply to your situation!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasilli - we are slowly getting there. Unfortunately I dont do patience all that good, but Im learning :)

Comment

There are no shortcuts to Success, and side-stepping the required efforts when dealing with computers and the pendantic, ultra-linear logic can prove devastating.

...and on we go!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X