Mobile Redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Redirect

Can anyone please shine some light on redirecting mobile users to mobile friendly pages I have created?

I have researched this for hours and tried countless things. Has anyone done this successfully?

One site suggested the redirect user based on screen size sounds simple but I could not get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I could not find it. Please try to be as detailed as possible or direct me to the proper thread if someone else has already gotten the answer.

Re: Mobile Redirect

You'd save a lot of time and energy simply using the Forum's SEARCH feature.

BTW ... MOBI is passe, now that Android/DROID meets or exceeds i P h o n e ability to display Tru-Vu versions of websites, including Flash.

You'll find what you're looking for here >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...le-device.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I see your point and read through that thread but was looking for someone that may have used that info successful...im no expert but have a pretty basic understanding of how these things work.

I uploaded the php file to the root, but get lost with the rest of the steps mainly where to put the script, on one attempt it should the script at the top of my webpage.

I was just hoping for a little more, i currently have a droid and alot of the features that i am currently building on a site do not get translated properly not allowing me to experience the site at its fullest.

Do you suggest another way to redirect user to a mobile site?

I thank you in advance for your help

Comment

This is the easiest method, the simplest script, and the one recommended by (and developed under supervision of) Google Labs.
        If it does not meet your criteria, I suggest you Google for another solution.

You need to study the instructions and follow them precisely to achieve the predictable results.

Just because your current mobile device has features and a certain ability or disability is no reason to design a website to display the way you want it to ... your device is doomed to redundancy and obsolescence in the near future, and may or may not perform even close as the millions of potential visitors your properly created website may entertain! Personally, I think you are following a mis-conceived logic, and simply wasting time and talent.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X