Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey please check out my new website!!

Hello to all,

This is the first website that I have ever created, and after many hours of frustration and endless help from the amazing voda support and forum community, my site is done! please take a look and add any input or design ideas, even criticisms- i appreciate all your comments!!

-student supplements is a student-run company that sells workout supplements to university and college students at affordable prices, and we also do direct delivery or convenient pickup locations around the schools. Just an fyi :)

ENJOY!

Re: Hey please check out my new website!!

The Site loads quickly which is always a good thing but you need to center the entire site as is over to the left at the moment and as Alithos says, the site is too wide. Apart from that and everything Alithos says, it's looking great for a 1st time effort.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

yeahhhhh thanks alot guys for all yoru input, especially Alithos you gave me a lot of sound and meaningful input. Ill work at it and hopefully round two will be better!

Comment

hey guys quick concern here. im trying to center my pages and i changed the page width to 960 already ( im testing this on my index page), and when i go to page properties and center this page in the browser horizontally, the page in my browser atleast appears to be pushed to the right, and there is a big black gap on the left before the page starts. On BV i built the page on the far left, but when i publish or preview it pushes all the way to the right, and there is a scrollbar at the bottom. How can i fix this:(

Comment

Sorry ... your page is still 1300 wide, and obviously the offest nature is due to it being centered having been designed not 'locked-left' into the Blue Voda work browser pane as you state.

I suggest you examine carefully the positioning of your page within your last saved version to be sure it is in fact at the 0/0 position for proper display, and re-publish properly. Double check your page titles also, being sure it is published as index, and that all links are created properly before repeating the new format to the remaining pages.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks vasili for the reply, I fixed the problem and was working to fix the site, which is now (hopefully) ready!

So here is round 2, check it out!

Enjoy! Again, all criticism is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Alithos View Post
              Agreed, Tony.
              Even at this late date, it seems that recalcitrance is going to cost this site much with respect to potential SERP and Customer traffic, let alone hopes of conversion.
              I really have no clue what you guy are talking about with all those technical terms! But If you feel like there still should be a lot more done to the site then thats cool I can see where it needs improvement. Im also a full time student so its not easy to find the time to sit and design and experiment you know, but I try. Please give me more specific things I should change, and design ideas just so its easier for me to work on.

Thanks again for your help! Always appreciated!

Comment

and Alithos, I just noticed what you said about "recalcitrance".. If you are referring to ME as being recalcitrant then I take that offensively because this is my first site to create, and I need help to design which is why I ask you guys. I know there is a lot that should be changed and its not easy for me. I am not stubborn nor am I making it difficult for anyone. You really think I like to hear criticism for my site? I appreciate your help but if your trying to make me look stupid then do that elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBiker View Post
                  Even I can see that the way the terms was used that it merely was echoing a lot of what everyone else was posting, that you keep saying so much has changed and yet some of the most important aspects don't seem to be even attempted. There is a lot going on in your site that looks like it is done hurriedly or harshly, either on purpose or not. Being "recalcitrant" (resistent to change) will in fact cost this site a lot.

No one has mentioned the fact that your Index page does not have enough Content to even register with the Search Engines as a valid site, since the Keywords are not anchored and count as spam. Things like this are prime demonstrations of recalcitrance in design. It only takes a few minutes to make changes that are critical, so stop whinning.

Take it personal or not, up to you, but everything posted was for your benefit, so you can get your site to look, function, and represent your "business" in the best possible manner. Alithos has been the only one to take the time to point out some of the major things you needed to work on, and to me, that is something over the top. You should be more grateful than grumpy, as I see it. You certainly don't want to shoot off your own foot in this tight Community ....

You owe Alithos an apology.
                  I dont understand how I am being stubborn and claiming that i changed soo much, infact I worked on the stuff that Alithos pointed out in his first post, and no one said anything else after that so thats all I worked on. If someone told me that I needed more content then I definitly would have placed a lot more- again im new to this and whatever you guys suggest, I do it for my site cuz u know whats best. I am thankful for alithos' first post, and I listened and worked on all that stuff mentioned, but I dont appreciate how you guys are saying insulting things to me like im being recalcitrant and i " said i changed soo much and did nothing" because I didnt- if no one mentioned to me that my index page doesnt have enough content thats not my problem, thats something i would have expected you to notify me with seeing as your the experts and you took the time to help me- not rub in my face because i dont know this stuff. I dont owe anyone an apology, nor does anyone owe me an apology. I take whatever you tell me and work on it, but I wont take anything thats uncalled for. I put this all past me because its rude for me to start a problem when im the one asking for help. So please, understand i dont know as much as you do for web design, but dont make that a reason to be unnecessarily harsh.

Comment

I think everyone needs to chill a bit and simply be thankful we have each other for inspiration, motivation, encouragement, and guidance. In all things, not just web design stuff.
                    There will be times things get a bit sloppy, and this is one of them. Apologize, shake it off, and let's get back to working good, because I am in no mood to Moderate such nonsense!

If you are having a hard time getting the drift of what I suggest to all and what others seem to repeat on my behalf about flow, layout, size, and other cohesion, take a look at the difference of these site layouts that are still actively posted/working here in the Showcase:

The original site layout > http://www.smoothestskin.com/
                    A Demo I did today while eating lunch to illustrate my points > http://www.vodatips.com/smoothskin-2.html

Original #2 > http://www.trackwheelchair.com/
                    My Demo > http://www.vodatips.com/track-chair.html

Original #3 > http://firstbaptistchurchofslatington.org/
                    My Demo > http://www.vodatips.com/church-demo-header2.html

I think you get the idea how to move from simple high-contrast blocks and no developed content to a more visually appealing and compliant site, yes?

Yours too, can use some of the same suggestions mentioned by the others above, and maybe this visual evolution (even if only a demo) may make it easier to envision the process and specific elemental changes??

BTW: These all took less than an hour each to do, including the Photoshop work on the images ...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxWeb View Post
                      Awesome jobs, General!
                      Knocking out Blue Voda sites using the images, colors, and basics they provided seems truly like a puzzle in itself! I can just see you getting frustrated doing only as much as BV will let you do using the materials available, all the while trying to share your expertise.
                      I, for one, appeciate all you do.
                      All in a day's work, Max!

Comment

Vasili again I cant thank you enough for your contributions, I will definitely look into fixing my site when I get the chance. I value your input and I am very thankful that your taking it slow with me, and NOT making an issue out of it.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        I think everyone needs to chill a bit and simply be
                        thankful we have each other for inspiration, motivation, encouragement, and guidance. In all things, not just web design stuff.
                        There will be times things get a bit sloppy, and this is one of them. Apologize, shake it off, and let's get back to working good, because I am in no mood to Moderate such nonsense!

If you are having a hard time getting the drift of what I suggest to all and what others seem to repeat on my behalf about flow, layout, size, and other cohesion, take a look at the difference of these site layouts that are still actively posted/working here in the Showcase:

The original site layout > http://www.smoothestskin.com/
                        A Demo I did today while eating lunch to illustrate my points > http://www.vodatips.com/smoothskin-2.html

Original #2 > http://www.trackwheelchair.com/
                        My Demo > http://www.vodatips.com/track-chair.html

Original #3 > http://firstbaptistchurchofslatington.org/
                        My Demo > http://www.vodatips.com/church-demo-header2.html

I think you get the idea how to move from simple high-contrast blocks and no developed content to a more visually appealing and compliant site, yes?

Yours too, can use some of the same suggestions mentioned by the others above, and maybe this visual evolution (even if only a demo) may make it easier to envision the process and specific elemental changes??

BTW: These all took less than an hour each to do, including the Photoshop work on the images ...

Comment

Working...
                        X