Server is publishing the wrong page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server is publishing the wrong page?

Hey guys. So I was looking in my files and found that I had two very similarly named pages and I accidentaly deleted the one that I wanted, which was linked into my menu and was published already. So I was messing around and ended up making a lot more pages named grocerylist.bvp and at one point had 3 of the same files, not including the one I did not want to delete. So I went to FTP manager and deleted ALL of the pages, and anything related to this little problem i had. Then i created a new page, exactly how i wanted it, and named it grocerylist.bvp. When I preview it it works fine but when you publish it and check it online, it still shows the old site that was linked. I checked everything including spelling, html or php extensions, and I made sure there were no extra copies on the server.

Whats wierd is that in my menu, I have a button that is url'd to grocerylist.html, but the original page that I didnot want to delete and was already published and working and properly linked to the menu was called GORCERYLIST.bvp ( spelling mistake)

Im hoping this is just a slow server problem:(

Re: Server is publishing the wrong page?

The server is not publishing the wrong page.
    It takes a small amount of time for the servers to resolve to newer pages within a given website structure, usually anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes, depending on the page itself.
    If you are not viewing the newest published version, it is most likely your own browser is not loading the new page version. Refresh, or dump browser cache if necessary.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Server is publishing the wrong page?

Thanks vasili, always helpful!

Comment

Working...
      X