Automatic date change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic date change

I don't know what to use or how to go about having the date change automatically on a web page each day with the current date. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Automatic date change

This code below will show the current date each time the page loads (its not dynamic, if will only update on page loads)

<?
    echo date('F j Y');
    ?>

Just make sure your webpages are .php, or put those 3 lines into a .php file, and use an iframe where you want it at.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the script. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Doing a search on the forum I found the date-thing I was looking for fast & easy. Great! But... being a beginner, working on my first site, I haven't got a clue how to use the script mentioned. Tried a HTML box, but that didnt work. Is there someone out there that can tell (idiotproof) how to apply it :)

Thanks

Comment

Firstly, I am using BlueVoda Version 9.1.0. I was wondering if this info is still correct about the "changing date".
          Also, like the poster above, I don't know much. Are BlueVoda pages .php? and where and how do I post this code (I also couldn't tell where the code started or ended in the response! Pitiful, I know.) if they are not .php. Am I correct in interpreting the response as putting the code into an Inline frame?
          I am hoping to get the date to look like this - Sunday, June 22, 2008 (taken from a friend's web page that he used Dream Weaver to assemble).
          Thanks for any help. Paul

Comment

Use
            PHP Code:
            <?
            echo date('l, F j, Y');
            ?>
            Just insert it into a html box, and in your properties make sure .php is selected instead of html.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks - Paul

Comment

Can i change the color and font size in this script?
                Thank you
                Richard

Comment

It just required html formatting. You just change it to

<?
                  echo '<span style="color: #000000; font-size: 12pt;">'.date('l, F j, Y').'</span>';
                  ?>

Where the red text is a hex color value, and the blue is the font size, the units can be in any of the normal types (pt, px, em, etc).

Register/Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by RichardM View Post
                    Can i change the color and font size in this script?
                    Thank you
                    Richard
                    There is a script somewhere, semi-automated, which has a larger base of fonts and colors. I will try to find it and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
                      It just required html formatting. You just change it to

<?
                      echo '<span style="color: #000000; font-size: 12pt;">'.date('l, F j, Y').'</span>';
                      ?>

Where the red text is a hex color value, and the blue is the font size, the units can be in any of the normal types (pt, px, em, etc).
                      Thank you this has been most helpful
                      One further question can I have a date in the future appear as well?
                      Say I have a time limited offer for 10 days
                      I would have today's date on the site-4th July-but then in the text on the page I would want to say the offer expires at midnight 14th July how would I do that please.

Thank You
                      Steve Vale

Comment

Yes, you can have it display a game in the future, but can you explain more details of what you are trying to do.

By that I mean, are you wanting there to be a "limited 10 day offer" that is infact unlimited, and it will always update the expiration date to be 10 days ahead of time? Or do you just it to always print the 14th even on the 5th, 6th, 7th, etc?

If its the first case you will just need to change this part of the code posted above

date('l, F j, Y')

to be

date('l, F j, Y', time()+timestamp)

replacing the red word "timestamp", with the numeric value of the time in the future, in seconds. So if you want it to always display one day ahead, you would enter the value for one day in seconds ( 60 * 60 * 24 = 86400)

so for that it woul be

date('l, F j, Y', time()+86400)

10 days is 864000

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
                        X