e-mails from website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mails from website

i have a form on my website which i think ive finally managed to set up but a message came thro to my outlook express box but it came thro as an attachment which i couldn't open.i finally opened it with notepad but i know this isn't how it shud be! what have i done wrong??

Re: e-mails from website

How should it be?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i thought they'd come through as all my messages do on o e,(i.e click & read immediately) without having to get a different programme to open them with, decifer my way through lots of % signs etc before i can understand what they say!
      my 'thanks for your enquiry' page didn't work either when they pressed submit on my form it just tried to divert the visitor to somewhere else

my website is www.solidwoodfurnitureuk.com perhaps you could try and find out where i'm going wrong please? thanks.

Comment

Have you followed thge instructions with the PHP code on the forms tutorial?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

yes i've followed bv instructions,naval designs instructions and andy123s too but i still cant work out where i've gone wrong.i've been trying to get this right for nearly 3 weeks now and i'm getting really fed up with it. i think you need to simplify the instructions even more for people like me (although i'm not the only one who struggles with them). i have no idea how to publish my contact.php in the same folder as my contact page-there's no option to do it and drag & drop doesn't work! i've changed the properties in my contact.php page to php but when i view them online it says the page is an html 1 but i can't figure it.
          perhaps someone could have a look at my pages and see if they can see where i've gone wrong

www.solidwoodfurnitureuk.com/contact

www.solidwoodfurnitureuk.com/contact.php

thanks for any help!

Comment

There are no simpler instructions, If you want a form, this is what
            you are going to have to do.

Come on Sally, thousand of people built there forms with teh exact same
            instructions. You can do it!

1) Delete your form and start over, maybe you did something wrong.
            or
            2) Hire someone to do it for you.

Endeavour to Persevere.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Let's start with one step at a time:
              1. Change your form action in "contact.php". For now you have it set in mailto:mail@solidwoodfurnitureuk.com. It will not work this way.
              2. ALL your fields have the same default name that BV automatically gives the fields: T1, S1. Set the name for every field properly: name, email, enquiries.
              3. You don't have to do anything special to publish your "contact.php" page to the same folder as your "contact.html" page. If you have followed Andy's instructions, then just publish your php page directly from BV, as you published the form page. It will go to the same folder (public_html).

Try it, then if you need help post again.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

sorry about this but what do i change? i thought my email address had to go there? i don't know what t1 s1 is either

Comment

Sally-
                  Try looking over my tutorial again;
                  http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

At the bottom- click on the smiley face which will take you
                  to the second tutorial that explains the T1 and S1 which
                  navel spoke of.

If you still have problems- email me direct and we'll get it worked
                  out.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

nearly there-everything works except for when the info comes through on my email the word submit comes up instead of what details people put in the text area at the bottom-any ideas? thanks for everything so far!

Comment

Sally-
                      Good for you- knew you could do it.

Submit will show at the end of the info gathered and presented in your e-mail. I have found that the "text area" often shows up at the top of all the information presented from the form. If the text that they type in is not showing at all- that would be a problem.

I looked at the code and everything seems to be ok- although when it comes to code I have much to learn.

So- if you type in text in the text area- is it showing up at all in your e-mail?

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

there's no text coming thro at all-no matter what i or any1 else puts in the text box it always just says 'submit'. thanks for all your help your tutorials are much easier for complete beginners like me to understand-i hope vodahost pay you well!!

Comment

cancel that last thread-i've worked out what it was!

Thank you sooooooo much everyone (andy & naval) you've been really helpfull!

Comment

Glad to have been of service.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                            X