Paypal / Payments etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal / Payments etc

I have built my website and am adding Paypal to it. I also within my business take credit card transactions on a daily basis. Is it possible to generate with Blue Voda a form which is secure? so that customers can enter their credit card details. The form can then be forwarded to my email, which I can process during the working hours of my business.

Thanks

Re: Paypal / Payments etc

No.
    One or the other: either choose to use PayPal which provides it's own secure processing, or opt to use a private Merchant Account from your current processor (you will be requirted to apply for a separate online account).
    There is no way to integrate any processing into a Blue Voda coded page.

Proposing the manner of 3rd party processing (or offline processing) is not only suspect in consumers mind, but prohibited in the US according to the Partiot Act. Whether is also violates your individual credit card provider's Merchant Account Terms is likely as well, insofar as most require you to establish a separate online account and not try to bypass the security measures by deceipfully processing transactions as MOTO instead.

Installing an SSL cert to your BV site will only fake a sense of security for your consumers, but will not protect you from liability of processing in violation to Terms.

I know your site ... stick to PayPal. Simpler, easier, more consumer confidence, and it gets you running to earn a track record with both PayPal and for your Processor when you apply for an online account later....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK another way perhaps, where customers can pay you a 'random' amount, let say a bunch of monthly invoices by credit card.

Still use Paypal as your payment gateway but make sure Paypal has been upgraded to accept credit cards for the 'non paypal' customers.

Here is an example http://www.harrisand.co.uk/payment_page.php

If you look on the right hand side you'll see payment instructions, fill in the form, generate paypal button, a paypal button appears, click it. You are taken to Paypal where you can sign into paypal or if you don't have a paypal account make a payment by credit card. Feel free to test it but stop at the credit card info page..lol

Paypal is secure as you know

I got the code from Naval Design http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/ cost just a few $$$'s but well worth it.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Vasili
        Thanks for your prompt reply, and I certainly will take your advice.
        I have a mail order facility with the main credit card vendors, so i suppose customers can telphone their orders through.
        Cheers
        Nbrown

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
          OK another way perhaps, where customers can pay you a 'random' amount, let say a bunch of monthly invoices by credit card.

Still use Paypal as your payment gateway but make sure Paypal has been upgraded to accept credit cards for the 'non paypal' customers.

Here is an example http://www.harrisand.co.uk/payment_page.php

If you look on the right hand side you'll see payment instructions, fill in the form, generate paypal button, a paypal button appears, click it. You are taken to Paypal where you can sign into paypal or if you don't have a paypal account make a payment by credit card. Feel free to test it but stop at the credit card info page..lol

Paypal is secure as you know

I got the code from Naval Design http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/ cost just a few $$$'s but well worth it.
          No … unfortunately, that is not "another way" insofar as a US-based business must abide by certain methods!

There are certain restrictions a US-based business must abide by, and numerous compliances that must be diligently maintained. PayPal has been created in such a way to both allow consumers and sellers to simplify the process and still have a freedom to conduct business online without issues of credibility, legality, or security hampering the process.
          • PayPal buttons are created for specific single item purchases, and allow the approved accounting methods to be enforced.
          • “Random” amounts or prices are not allowable under US Code, and is the reason PayPal provides a ‘Donate’ button instead, which is not in reference to a sellable item but a consumer preference: it may be presented to consumers that they enter an amount of their choosing for a specific item or service, but by law it must remain elective and not mandatory, thus not transactional based.
          • If a business decides to “batch” Invoices or transactions, this is also provided by the issuance of a PayPal Invoice (a request/demand for payment), and is again done in a protected, secure encrypted area provided by PayPal. And, this is a standard business practice approved in the US.
          • If a business creates an invitation to submit financial or personal ID info as an email for the purposes of generating a transaction ("offline" or MOTO) as a form of "emailCommerce," not only is this method highly suspect for the consumer and lacking any credible protection, it may also violate the Terms of the Merchant Card Processor as well – the merchant must in fact abide by the limitations of MOTO transactions as defined in the original Agreement, and specifically current law requires a separate application for processing from online sources … let alone the potential violation of accepting or submitting transactions as MOTO when in fact they were not. The issue of chargebacks and account cancellation notwithstanding are not addressed herein either!
          • WHATEVER method is chosen, the website must (by law) have a clearly defined and universally accessible Privacy and Terms of Use Policy on it prior to facilitating any monetary processing: without it, there is no compliance with the Patriot or Fair Credit and Identity Protection Acts.
          • Missing from the business plan is the aspect of collecting State Tax for every item or service that is delivered or shipped (another application to the State for a Permit): if delivered, transactions are subject to not only the Sales Tax of the county in which the business resides but any additional surtax that may be applicable also; if shipped, only the General Sales Tax applies, unless shipped to an address within the county in which the business resides that may have a surtax, in which case that must be added also.
          I fully recommend that he simply use PayPal without trying to make it fancier than intended, build up a clean track record (so to make his online Application more apt to be approved), and to go about his business in a compliant, cognizant manner.

Just because there is a script available to do a certain task does not mean that it should be used .....

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
          PayPal has always offered transaction processing without having to create a PayPal account ..... always!

It's small in the lower left of the first transaction landing page, but it's there!

Comment

It was only a suggestion. You always impress me with your extensive knowledge....Keep up the good work!!
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Soooo many people read these forums and absorb everything, both good and bad, that it is important to be accurate and fair. I often have to resort to editing my responses in hopes of nailing down just the right wording to create no loose ends or misunderstandings, so if I come off more "formal" than intended, it is because I am trying to adhere to a tighter compositional manner.
              It's all good!

Comment

Working...
              X