Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking

Is there a list of the rankings that I can look at? Like how many post to become a sergeant and so on. Thanks for any help.

Re: Ranking

No .... it's been removed due to too many people stuffing the Forums with nonsense as they were "Racing For Rank" as we used to call it ...

The practice of keeping a Ranking system is still helpful, however, in that it helps indicate to newcomers and others something of a 'history' or degree of 'credibility' based solely on the volume of validated posts made in the Community at large.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili With The Reply

The reason I was asking is that I have a social network on ning. To maybe generate more activity to my site and get my members more involved. I Was thinking I might give the ranking a try on my site. My site is called Flying Star Graphics. Its a place to share and exchange images and ideas on graphics and meet people with the same interest.

Thanks

Peace & Love
      Scorpion

Comment

Networking effectively can be more than a mandate in these times, it can be an Art, and one elemental in creating real success.

These VodaTalk forums are, however, purely reserved to support Users of Blue Voda Website Builder and clients of VodaHost personal hosting and are guarded enthusiastically from spamming attampts, link seeding efforts, and other "intrusions" and abuse as defined by the Forum Rules and FAQ ... which explains why your link above was deleted as a common 'warning' rather than responded to harshly.

You are welcome to learn from the wide resources freely available in these forums, but please respect our Community with your kind compliances.

As far as adding Ranks or Levels within a Group, there are definitive pro's and con's to each side of the discussion: some would point out the divisiveness of instituting a 'reward' system (there will be winners and losers in any 'contest'), whilst others would be quick to remind of the intrinsic need to be socially approved or affirmed. However you decide, I would think that if you pegged some solid benefit to ongoing, productive participation, both Members and the Board would mutually benefit. Possibly allow higher ranks a privilege of providing articles, or espousing a position or two .... contribute to Content with relevant Whitepapers .... things of this nature.

I am especially a proponent of instituting a manner Members would contribute to the valued Content of the site and to their status within the group or industry simultaneously .... basically a win-win channel of mutual progress.

Just an idea ....

"Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan!"

Comment

I'm very sorry ... i wasn't trying to spam intentionally .. Want happen again. promise....

Peace & Love
          Scorpion

Comment

Don't worry! I simply took care of it quietly and was happy to reply with some hopefully useful ideas and input!

I hope you find our Community a wellspring of ideas and rich perspective to aid you in the evolution of your online adventures ....

Comment

Working...
            X