This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascading Style Sheets - uploading?

I have kindly been given a CSS file and all associated html pages by the owner of another website. My question is - how do I upload the CSS file and associated html pages to VodaHost, and how would I link to them from my website?

I don't know if it is simple enough to answer here - but I hope so! Happy to provide more info if I need to!

Thanks

Paul

www.experttuning.co.uk

Re: Cascading Style Sheets - uploading?

You cannot host another person's website in your personal VodaHost hosting account, as that would constitute "reselling" and violate Terms of Service, subjecting your own account to be suspended without notice or refund.

It is always best to use the Upload/Download icon from within the toolbar of your Control Panel of your account directly.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I am not wanting to host another person's website. They just gave me content for mine, consisting of HTML data sheets and a css file. I just need to know how these are used with BlueVoda, if I can use them at all.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

BTW - when I say 'data sheets' I mean they are tables that show before and after performance for cars, i.e. tabulated lists. Have a look at this and you'll see the kind of thing I mean.

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

No.
          Using Blue Voda means that you must add to the page via the Editor itself, and there is no way to integrate stylesheets or other "document elements" other than hard-coding manually .... which makes you wonder why if you have that capability you bother using an editor like Blue Voda at all!

If you know what they are supposed to look like, there is nothing preventing you from duplicating that look from scratch using Blue Voda: create tables, layouts, etc., but importing page code that is formatted beyond simple styles is not possible.

Same goes for trying to apply or embed an Excel workpage ...

Comment

Looks like I'll have to do it the long way around then! At least I know now.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
              X