New site up and running....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site up and running....

Boy! Now I'm in trouble asking for feedback!

Seriously though, I'd appreciate any comments on the new site - the first I have ever built.

It is intentionally clean and simple, compared to others in the same business, as I have always believed in being simple (!) and direct. I have a few things to add yet, such as tables showing performance increases for each vehicle, a deposit payment system etc, but this is 90% done. Yes - I left the hard bits until last....

The site is www.experttuning.co.uk

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul

Re: New site up and running....

Site looks really good..well done!
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks Darren. Appreciated. Can't be good enough though. You haven't asked if I come down to Bristol!

Cheers

Paul

Comment

hahaha...I'm to old to bother about getting my car expertly tuned. As long as it goes from A-B. My wife however screws her car to about an inch of its life,....hmmm, so do you come to Bristol?...lol
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Paul,

I love it! For a first site it's brilliant!! Love the logo and the colours and the pics...all really great. Really easy to navigate and yes, nice and simple as it should be. I really tried to look for spelling mistakes, grammar errors etc and can't see any.

I looked to see what area you cover and couldn't see that anywhere so I'm presuming you cover the whole country... Maybe that could be pointed out, unless I missed it or you chose not to.

In FAQs, under "Should I tell my insurance company" I think you should have "We are a responsible company and the answer..."

In Prices, I think it should read "as long as we are able...."

Also in prices, I can see a black line through the logo that I don't think should be there.

I was really picking holes though, not to be nasty! Just trying to help. Well done!!
          Sally
          www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
          info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

So sorry - I just went back and there is no line through the logo!!

I'm off the Specsavers...
            Sally
            www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
            info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

Thank you Sally. I really appreciate the input and will act on it. Coincidentally I had just thought about the location and have just done a quick text based fix while I figure out how and where to put a map. I'll definitely get onto the other things too. One of the benefits of developing and controlling your own website....

Paul

Comment

Thanks Tony. Noted and will get fixed. Attention to detail.....

Comment

Very, very slick and modern. Excellent use of images and visual appeal, but I too think it needs more in the way of valued Content.
                  BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Thanks GulfCoaster

I'm interested to know what you mean by more valued content. What do you think should be there?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Incredible website Paul, how long did it take you?

Comment

Thank you Ryan

It took too long! Starting from nothing, probably about 100 hours, but I must admit, if I had planned properly, scaled photos properly before insertion etc it could have been a lot less.

My advice...

Plan before working if you can. Get your photos the right size before you start. 72dpi - exact width and height you want them on screen. Try and develop a template page with all the things on it that will appear in every final page of your website.

My biggest mistakes (time-wise) were:

Scaling photos in BlueVoda instead of scaling them to the right size first in photoshop - then having to go back and replace them all because I had multi-megabyte photos uploaded instead of smaller photos.

Not working out how to get links into text so using pictures with text instead - then realising this was no good to Google before going back and re-working every page the right way.

It goes on....

As I said - planning would have paid!

Good luck with yours

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
                          Thank you Ryan

It took too long! Starting from nothing, probably about 100 hours, but I must admit, if I had planned properly, scaled photos properly before insertion etc it could have been a lot less.

My advice...

Plan before working if you can. Get your photos the right size before you start. 72dpi - exact width and height you want them on screen. Try and develop a template page with all the things on it that will appear in every final page of your website.

My biggest mistakes (time-wise) were:

Scaling photos in BlueVoda instead of scaling them to the right size first in photoshop - then having to go back and replace them all because I had multi-megabyte photos uploaded instead of smaller photos.

Not working out how to get links into text so using pictures with text instead - then realising this was no good to Google before going back and re-working every page the right way.

It goes on....

As I said - planning would have paid!

Good luck with yours

Cheers

Paul
                          Believe it or not Paul I had to deal with that same problem just yesterday. I have a banner rotator with pictures on my site's homepage and I uploaded them directly from the camera and scaled them down in BV and it took the page almost 10 minutes to load, all fixed now though.
                          Thanks for your advice, I've never been one for planning ahead but I'll certainly try my best.

Thanks again,
                          Ryan

Comment

Reviews for Car Tuning Website

Hi

I have had my website up and running for a couple of months now. It has generated good results but I wonder how it comes across. Is it too simple? Too complicated? Too technical? Not technical enough? Informative? Over-informative?

I know that's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question because there is no content or presentation that will suit every viewer, but I would really appreciate any comments you can make from your personal point of view.

Many thanks for your time. It will only take a moment and you might even find the content interesting!

If you do a search for similar companies (search for 'remap' or 'remapping') to see how the competitors look for a comparison that would be fantastic.

www.experttuning.co.uk

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Re: Reviews for Car Tuning Website

Very nice looking website, like the colors and it's ease of use great job Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X