X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "pngfix.***"

My server Voda 8 was recently updated forcing me to start using BV 11
    I just added a new image to one of my pages - it published but the rest of the images on that page no longer showed up. just red x
    I tried reloading the images one by one using publish all files and publish changed files two and 1/2 of the old images loaded when publishing changed files only
    when I tried to republish the 1/2 one the uploading goes a ways then seems to hang up - it hangs up trying to load pngfix.*** - I can't figure out what that is or where it is on my page. all my images are jpg. After a while I get a "12003 error" I have shut down my firewalls and tried everything I can think of but to no avail. Cannot find any answere on the forum
    page is http://www.beadedcustomdesigns.com/sets2.php
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: What is "pngfix.***"

Hey, Ann.

You're right ... it all has to do with your JPG images, their resolution, your OS, and how BV interacts with it (especially when using the Logomaker or anything with a transparent background).

For a run-down on what pngfix is all about and why it is acting funky in BV, review this Whitepaper > http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/alpha.html
    Basically, BV must have a single line of code in it to allow IE6 to function, since there are so many Users across the world that do not yet have the upgraded OS or browsers, and this "wildcard" allowance code sometimes conflicts with the way BV has evolved for greater coding to embrace the newer systems (i.e. Vista, Windows7, but especially the newer versions of Ineternet Explorer), so to avoid this recurring issue, you should upgrade your IE to IE8 at least, no matter what OS you are currently using, as the pngfix issue is resolved in this newer browser's coding.

You need to be sure your system is running cleanly and up-to-date, including all Windows updates, Java updates, resetting your modem/router, and a clean cache.

Here's some additional resources you might find useful > http://www.pngfix.com/
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili - I finally fixed the problem. I just republished everything on the page one item at a time until I found the problem. It was a little spinning star graphic - that called itself a gif but was really a png...it had a transparent background!... I was using it to point to special items. Got rid of it and everything is fine (I hope.) Ann
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X