Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text links for optimisation - question..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text links for optimisation - question..

I understand it is essential to have text-based links rather than graphics with text in them to help SEO. However, I can't for the life of me get the text colour I want in a text link - it just always comes out totally wrong. And yes - I have been publishing the page to see the actual result rather than just checking in BlueVoda.

So my question is....

If I creat text links and then 'send to back' so they're in the HTML code but are not actually visible in the browser, will they still work for SEO purposes?

Many thanks.

Paul

www.experttuning.co.uk

Re: Text links for optimisation - question..

No ... they are read as counterfeit methods, and will create a negative impact for your site overall.
    See more Black Hat SEO Methods to Avoid I've Prepared HERE

It is hard to believe that out of the tens of thousands of Blue Voda Users you are singularly experiencing this issue with linking, hyperlink styles, and basic formatting of text. There is simply something you are doing or not doing in the prescribed process that needs reviewing ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the SEO advice. Also - I got the text colour problem sorted at last! So now I have nice, honest, clean text links in place.

I am using very pale grey text links because the text link is displayed over a coloured picture, but because very pale grey is close in colour to the overall white background of the page, is this likely to be a SEO problem?

A quick check on www.experttuning.co.uk and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
        Thanks for the SEO advice. Also - I got the text colour problem sorted at last! So now I have nice, honest, clean text links in place.
        I am using very pale grey text links because the text link is displayed over a coloured picture, but because very pale grey is close in colour to the overall white background of the page, is this likely to be a SEO problem?
        Yes.
        You must have at least a 70% contrast (meaning if white background then a gray with 300% saturation or this gradient as minimum) for the font to be considered normally visible, and thus compliant with it not being a hidden method to stack content.

* Your links, in a "gray" Layer, should actually be made "lighter" (more white) to properly contrast to the Layer shade ... text, links, and such need be evaluated and contrasted to the background immediatly under them (the SE's can correctly "read" object placement and relationships), so your specifivity of asking if your link color with regard to the actual page background is proper is moot. Your "Testamonial" at the bottom displays proper contrast against the page background, for example.

Comment

Vasili

Thank you for taking the time to look at the website, and for letting me know. It is much appreciated. For a while I thought I was going to have to make some changes again but it looks like I'm SEO-safe!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
            Vasili

Thank you for taking the time to look at the website, and for letting me know. It is much appreciated. For a while I thought I was going to have to make some changes again but it looks like I'm SEO-safe!

Paul

Don't forget make your links (in the Layer) a bit lighter?

Comment

Working...
            X