X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to re directing published pages

Hello,
    I recently did major changes to my website.
    I am now using php pages instead of html.

Some of my previous html pages have quite high search engine optimization, so I now want to re direct these previously published pages to their current corresponding ones.

Can i PLEASE have guidance on how to re direct published pages?

Thank you

Re: how to re directing published pages

Simply re-publish the pages to "over-write" (replace, actually) the older HTML and the bots will pick it up naturally (once you manually remove the older HTML versions from the directory --- althought page titles remain the same, the cached links based on page extensions need to be minimized to avoid confusion).

Be sure you have updated your robots.txt and sitemap.xml files properly and have uploaded them after careful configuration.

You are familiar with the difficulties of creating H-META Tags uisng PHP, yes? If you had successfully used H-Tags in BV, you will need to replace any page values attributed to them in your new PHP pages in order to retain overall metric values.

Don't try being clever and prod the SE's to respond to your site against their planned spidering ... you'll regret it.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I cannot do this as the new pages have different names.
      Is there a way to re direct?

thanks

Comment

What is the difference in publishing the new pages and deleting the old?

Why are you overcomplicating things unnecessarily, and miss basic understanding and techniques?
        Do you know how to use the Forum Search Tool to find answers given numerous time before? You might find something like this > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-tips-tricks-shortcuts/15130-how-redirect-cloak-url.html
        Do you have any real idea of the potential difficulties thinking PHP is superior than the Unicode+HTML that Blue Voda creates? Like as seen here > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general-support-issues/57473-head-tags-php-methods.html
        Do you have any pre-selected solutions on how to deal with re-creating META using PHP, which is notorious for not formatting value?

Like I suggested .... publish your PHP pages (with whatever titles they have) being sure they are optimized, delete the old HTML pages (so there is no chance of being penalized for duplicative Content --- something a re-direct will not make "go away") only after you have updated a robots.txt and sitemap.xml file, and get on with things!

You do not have the luxury of second-guessing proven methods or being selective within a short-set of solutions.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X