This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Uploading/Publishing

HI folks I uploaded 14 pages last night, there were no errors. but they do not appear to have replaced the old pages?

What have I done wrong. I can view them in Preview in Browser, the links seem to work?? I have rechecked them to be sure they are .html

Palm Springs Elopement, Same Day Weddings, Micro Weddings, Venues, Officiant. Elope in Palm Springs. Only Authorized Essential Wedding Service in Palm Springs!

Re: Help with Uploading/Publishing

REFRESH YOUR BROWSER! You are obviously looking at an older page version.

If necessary, hit F5 a half-dozen times to allow the newest page to load.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but that was not the problem. I finally uploaded each webpage individually and it loaded in. But each page took 30 to 40 minutes to load and the process took almost two days.

Comment

Originally posted by reverendlisa View Post
        Thanks for the reply, but that was not the problem. I finally uploaded each webpage individually and it loaded in. But each page took 30 to 40 minutes to load and the process took almost two days.
        It does not take 30-40 minutes for any page to load - the timeout on publishing engages in less than 90 seconds unless you change it to no more than 3 minutes.
        After a page is uploaded, it may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 15 minutes for the server to resolve (fully cycle so to present each account's pages - and you may share a server with up to 1000 or more other accounts), but again, your stated timeframe suggests that your issues arise from a connection issue specifcally.

In the world of computers and electronic protocols, that's simply the way it is: it is an issue on your end solely.

BTW: The Forums are 'attended to' by volunteers only, and as such, it is useless to make demands and complaints about the timeliness of replies or sufficiency of solutions with regard to commenting on the quality of hosting from VodaHost.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

So if I may interpert what you are saying .... although it may have actually taken my pages 30 - 40 minutes a piece to upload. Beacause I know how long it took because I timed it so that I could do other things while I was uploading.

You are suggesting that it may be the result of a server connection on my end.

In other words my ability to transmit to the Blue Voda server. That of course would explain the slow upload. My true feelings are that the JPGs and graphics are too large and I am working on this.

Thank you again, but please understand that I have no need to exagerate or lie. I am sure that you did not intend for your post to imply that.

Comment

Originally posted by reverendlisa View Post
            Thank you for your reply.
            You are suggesting that it may be the result of a server connection on my end.
            In other words my ability to transmit to the Blue Voda server. That of course would explain the slow upload. My true feelings are that the JPGs and graphics are too large and I am working on this.

Thank you again, but please understand that I have no need to exagerate or lie. I am sure that you did not intend for your post to imply that.
            Yes, the issues you are experiencing are on your end, and has nothing to do with the VodaHost servers: they operate in the manner in which they were manufactured and upon the data submitted.
            If, in fact, you have not reduced the file sizes of your images to an acceptable size as suggested, taught, and expected, then this would definitely not only influence the publishing process via Blue Voda but also the page load times and certain browser rendition issues Visitors to your website will also possibly experience as well. For this reason also, VodaHost makes readily available the Pixresizer tool (because not everyone has a Photo Editor that works well), which when images are opened in and re-saved by, will automatically reduce the file sizes to normal parameters.
            This root 'issue' is also a User error of omission, and not a VodaHost server or Administrative error.

>> Pix resizer - Free optimizer for your website photos and images.- A Must Have!

And no, no inference was made as to the truthfulness you expressed ... merely a caution of perspective. Forum Rules specifically prohibit postings that are Support related or negative in nature, and the reminder that we are volunteers, not paid, and offer expertise and assistance according to our ability and convenience, and typically not tolerant of being wrongly slapped around (referring to deleted 'venting' posts and threads).

Comment

Working...
            X