Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial for Making a Password Protected Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial for Making a Password Protected Page?

Hi,

I see in Blue Voda that I'm able to add an admin pg, and set up a password protected pg, but I have no idea how to do this and I don't see a tutorial anywhere. Does one exist? It would be a really nice addition to my site and I would love to use it! Thanks so much!

Re: Tutorial for Making a Password Protected Page?

BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.

Also does Single Page Password Protect ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Question - once someone has signed up for an acct, how do I activate their account? I went into my control panel and found the file, but when I double click on it, nothing happens. Is there another place in my cpanel that I should be going to, to do this?

Comment

You don't go in CPAnel.

You create a BV page with the "Admin" object and you manage users through this page.

Please read the tutorial, it is explained there.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, I did go through the tutorial, but didn't see where it explained how to actually activate an account. I did a test, I signed up for an acct on my site to see what happened, and I had it set to "true" for account activation. It sent an automatic email to the email address telling me the account was already set up and had the username and password. This was not my intention, I want to activate the accounts myself. The tutorial said I could activate the accts by selecting "true", but this didn't work. What can I do? Just in case, I tried publishing twice with true the first time and false the next, and they did the same exact thing. What would happen if it worked and what can I do to make it work?

Comment

Thinking into this more, when someone signs up for an acct, does it always automatically send them a username and password? And then it just wouldn't work unless I activated it? It seems like they shouldn't be sent an email with the username and password unless I activated the account, which isn't the case. I figured out how to get into the admin page, but the tutorial doesn't explain that you have to login to the page to activate the accts. I figured it was something with the database.

Comment

Set the "AdminAccountActivation" to True

Then you can activate accounts through the Admin area.

You can NOT test a second account, if you are already logged in (from your first test)

So, change the property as mentioned, publish and COMPLETELY close all your browser windows.
              Then open again the browser, signup, and test, you will see that the account is not automatically activated.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

But if someone signs up, will it always automatically send them a username and password? (then I would choose to activate it or not?)

Comment

The script doesn't assign any username / password. The users signup themselves, and they provide their preferred username / password.

The script will then send you (the admin) a notification email, and at that point you should enter your Admin area to activate (or delete / edit) the new account.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

No, I was meaning - why does a user get an automatic email with the username and password they signed up with, even if I haven't "approved" them yet? I'm not getting an admin email either telling me there's someone to activate.

Comment

The script sends emails both to you and the user. To you, to let you know, and to the user, as a confirmation. If you want to let users know that the account still needs to be approved, simply change the standard message "A new account has been setup." to something like "Your account has been created. Here under please find the details you submitted. Please note that your account is yet to be reviewed and approved by our staff"

If you are not getting the email, you either have filled in an incorrect email address, or the mail is somehow blocked by your ISP as spam.

Many ISPs will consider spam a mail with the same "From" (your address) and recipient, so when testing use different email addresses.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

How and where can a get a tutorial to set protected pages? Request login ? And Recover a password ?

Thanks in advance,

Theo

Comment

Working...
                        X