X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservations Form Calendar?

Dear Vodahost Members,

I have a travel website www.AbsoluteResorts.net the form on the web pages, I would like to include a calender where the customer can select travel dates rather having a text box for them to write in their expected travel date.

Does anyone know if I can do this on Vodahost, is there a function in the form wizard for me to create a calender within the form?

Thanks for reading.

Re: How do I create a calender in form?

You'll find a customizable calendar to add to your pages in your cPanel via the Fantastico! section (click the icon near the bottom of your cPanel Dashboard page).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili, I'm not too sure if this is what I'm looking for but I've not used this before so maybe you can let me know if this is the right application.

I'm just looking for a simple function that will allow visitors to my website www.AbsoluteResorts.net fill in a date that they are interested in staying at my hotel. I would like this to be part of the form that I already have. You may have seen this calender facility many times in travel sites.

Please let me know if I can still you this with the calender that I downloaded from Fastascio.

Thank you for your help

Comment

There are only 2 ways to do what you are specifically asking:
        1. Use a true Reservations script (often called online booking) that usually has a small auto-fill calendar add-on, and these may either be found on the Net for Free or for little cost simply by doing a Google search, or by using an API script available from a travel partner or provider (i.e. Travel Impressions) or a similar type inclusive script (most originally intended for lodging) also available via Google search that you may or may not be able to customize properly as desired, or must compromise to in order to make it work for you satisfactorily.
        2. Simplify the process entirely by creating an eMail Reservations Request method, where you simply create an eMail Form using the Blue Voda Wizzard so potential clients can fill in the dates, room type, number of guests, etc. and it is sent as an email to which you can reply appropriately.

Personally, it is completely acceptable to online Visitors to submit simple specifics via an eMail Request (just be sure not to ask for personal or financial inofrmation in this initial Form, as your site is not secure with a visible SSL protection), and in my mind, is simply the soundest way to go until you can afford the whole nine yeards of affording a full-featured customized script.

Further information to consider > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ebusiness-concept-development-talk/30023-online-booking.html
        and especially this one > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/mysql-php/33257-hotels-management-system.html

Comment

Re: Reservations Form Calendar?

Thank you. Much appreciated!!!! I'll take the 2nd option first...

Comment

Re: Reservations Form Calendar?

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
            X