This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Excel Spreadsheet to BlueVoda Webpage

How do I insert or place an Excel Spreadsheet saved as a WebPage .html on the same webpage built by BlueVoda so that I can have my Heading and Logo and Navigation area built by BlueVoda at the top of the webpage and the Excel Spreadsheet in the body of the webpage ?

Re: Linking Excel Spreadsheet to BlueVoda Webpage

As a newcomer, you should learn to first Search the forums for answers that have been offered many times before - much quicker!

Such as this discussion HERE
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasile,

I should have learned how this system works before posting....I took your advise and reviewed all that I could find about the Excel .html saved pages combined with Blue Voda pages. Unfortunately I could not find a solution.
      Perhaps I could offer the examples I am trying to combine. The Excel Page that I generate every day with updated data is located at http://www.wallstreetsignals.com/Scores.html The data on this Excel page is generated using a data base that updates the data and then Excel formulas generate the results in the tables. I next save the spreadsheet as a Web Page in .htm and publish it to my VodaHost account. However, I would like to paste or import or whatever it is called the Table in the Excel page into a web page similar to the Heading at http://www.wallstreetsignals.com so that the BlueVoda Heading with all the navigation links would become the Heading for the Excel Table.....
      Thanks for considering my request.....

Comment

Simply cannot be done .... Blue Voda is not coded that way, nor is Excel, as stated.

You would have to create an entire coded function dedicated for that ability, and there is always a hefty price to pay a coder worth his salt to do it.

Mentioned before is to specifically create a table by hand in Blue Voda and manually enter the values -- as long as it is not too much, it is not that big of a deal. However, it seems you wish to have constant updates, or automatic, so again, you are thrust back to a database system of sorts. Again, a coding job.

Some have tried to use an inline frame method (iFrame) to show a table that is published as a separate page so when seen via the iFrame it appears to be on the page as a whole, but again, the issue is populating the table itself automatically rather than manually, so back to the DB issue. And, navigation to the presenting page remains dedicated to that page and not functional to the iFrame area.

The only possible way I can think this possible still requires manual configuration - steps involved- but possibly a few less than the organic methods, and I am referring to using a "Digest" method whereby the table becomes a type of 'feed' for your site/page. This might work, depending on your source for the 'table' in the first place, and whether or not you can request a source format other than Excel or CSV. You'll find some options here.

Blue Voda has a built-in RSS feed function, and depending on the source formatting, this may work for you as well. RSS is a reliable way to import information from another souce, such as a blog, website, or service, and once you have the necessary coding, this function in BV is easy to apply. RSS info

* Personally, if you are 'subscribing' to a source, I would prefer to use an API scripted format, which can then simply be added to a Blue Voda page as simple HTML and which would maintain the interactive mannerisms you seem to require. In most API formats, however, you lose much of the ability to customize the look and feel, but it would be my first option of all.
        You will need to endure a crash course to understand how to implement, but it would pay off for you in the end.

Comment

Vasili,

Thank you once again for taking the time to respond and for your adice. I will look into your suggestions and see what works for me....Thanks again....

Comment

Originally posted by InvestProfessor View Post
            Vasili,
            Thank you once again for taking the time to respond and for your adice. I will look into your suggestions and see what works for me....Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
            X