PDA

View Full Version : filezilla

nadiabodikian
10-05-2010, 10:34 PM
hello, I am trying to upload some files using FileZilla, it is asking for the following

Host:

Username:

Password:

Port:

Can I please be informed what to insert?
I put VodaHost
my username with Vodahost
my password with VodaHost
and 21 for the port and it is not being accepted

also, reason I am using this softwear is because FTP manage is not able to complete the file transfer and was I was suggested filezilla

Tom Finley
10-06-2010, 02:28 AM
When you publish a page in BlueVoda, your username will be listed on the publish window that opens--that's the username you want to use. The password (which is starred out in the window) is the password you want.

The Host looks like this: yourusername@yourwebsite.com (if it's a .com of course).

Port: Leave blank (most likely to work OK)

Vasili
10-06-2010, 08:19 AM
There is no "code" .... there is no sercret, nor is there any other way to Publish a Blue Voda created web page!
You did review the other TUTORIALS (http://www.vodahost.com/?page_id=315), didn't you??

nadiabodikian
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
well I am very sorry if this is what you have understood.
My question had nothing to do with publishing, my question was what voda host parameters do i use to access and use filezila

if you read my question above I already say what parameters i am inserting which is not being accepted.
thanks

Vasili
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Use the UPLOAD tool in your cPanel for best results. Always.

You'll see it in the top toolbar in your File Manager section.
You'll also find an Auto-UnZIP tool too that comes in handy!

When a person tries to connect using Filezilla or creates an FTP Authorization, cPanel assumes you are using a tool such as Dreamweaver, and most of the time cPanel will not accept anything but a static IP which has a guarded port: explains why people can't "publish" uisng Dream at Panera!
Much easier using the preset tools provided for simple transfer of files and objects: cP for uploading, BlueFTP for deleting.

nadiabodikian
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
ok thanks