This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Video

I want to insert Flash video made with Adobe flash. Two files are created when these video's are made. A SWF, which has the video, and a SWF which is the skin. How do I get these onto my site?

Please help as this is really a problem.

Re: Flash Video

Adding html, flash, movies, music, and java code to your web pages.

Flash – More Details

Movies – More Details

FTP – How does BlueFTP work

All Blue Voda Tutorials
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I watched all the video's.
      I opened the flash icon in BV and attached the .swf file. It does not work either in preview or I even saved the page and published it and it does not work.

Comment

Did you upload the file to your public_html/ directory, also as the Tutorial requires (which is why I provided the BlueFTP Tutorial, so you could know what is being taught)?

You should also have a .fla file ..... are you sure you are associating and uploading the correct file (.swf vs .fla)??

The procedures detailed in the Tutorials work flawlessly for tens of thousands of clients, so it is hard to believe that you alone are experiencing a 'glitch' of some sort, other than a missed or mis-applied step.

Comment

I uploaded (using the FTP) the .swf and the .fla file to the public_html directory. I checked and both files are there. I am probabily missing something, but when I want to put this video on a page how is that done? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just can't figure it out.

Comment

I asked a question because I did not know how to do this or I was doing something wrong. Yet instead of help I get a rude answer telling me to read the tutorial. And apparently I must be one out of 10,000 cilents that don't understand because the rest of the world can do it. I know the people here are not paid and help this forum with their knowledge. Sorry if I missed the boat - thanks for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteT View Post
              I asked a question because I did not know how to do this or I was doing something wrong. Yet instead of help I get a rude answer telling me to read the tutorial. And apparently I must be one out of 10,000 cilents that don't understand because the rest of the world can do it. I know the people here are not paid and help this forum with their knowledge. Sorry if I missed the boat - thanks for nothing!
              It was obvious that you did not 'get it' (which is why I provided you with the link to the specific Tutorial) and it still seems you did not actually review before doing, for the Tutorials are "viewed" and not "read" and can be paused at anytime to practice the techniques being displayed.

Specifically in your case, you must create an 'add Flash Element to Page' box into which you will paste a link to your uploaded .swf file for the Flash file to "associate" position and relation to page in the MOVIE field in the Dialog Box, and that link should look something like this: http://www.YourSiteName.com/flashtitle.swf
              Keep in mind the parameters for the display itself is set in the SWF file, yet the BV Flash Box must be made slightly larger than the intended display, otherwise it will be distorted - something to keep in mind for headers and anywhere else flush fixing will be called for. Think of the Flash trying to squeeze through the only available window and crunching itself to however small a size is required.
              * TIP: Make your Flash Box larger than you know it need be, and using the top-left corner of the box as your 0/0 axis, positin it where you know it needs to be. Using PREVIEW, you can check your "adjustment of youyr Flash Box as you make it smaller to see when the first distortions appear as you make the box as small as you can, "trimming" the unnecesssary overlay on your page. Also using PREVIEW you will see how you will need to tweak the positioning of your Flash Box for best results, using the arrow keys on your keyboard for precise positioning.

The point of using the Tutorials is to enable each User the ability to make progress themselves, in a predictable manner for continuity of the learning curve as well as overall success. This way, no one suffers from any lapses of peer support or becomes dependent on hand-holding, which does not benefit any of us and is an unfair, one-sided unnecessary burden.

Maintaining Forum Decorum and pleasantries with peers is simply the way to go if you want to keep everything progressing positively.
              Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
              X