no accents on letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no accents on letters

Hi, I built a website in 4 languages. In each language the visitor has the possibility to fill in a form with address information etc. The problem is, that the form doesn't show letters with accents like é, à, ç, etc. which is a problem in French. What can I do about this? Thanks

Re: no accents on letters

You need to add to the form, a "accept_charset" property.

This is done following these steps:

1. Right click your form and select HTML
    2. Add the following code in the Inside Tag of the form HTML:

accept-charset="ISO-8859-1"

For each form, replace "ISO-8859-1" with the correct (for each language) character set.

You can also try simply
    accept-charset="UTF-8"

if your page chr set is set to be UTF-8
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help. I tried to do like you told me, but without success. I went into HTML on the form, inside tag and there I added:
      accept-charset="ISO-8859-1" I clicked ok, I saved, I published and I tried it out, the letters with accents dissapears.

Comment

This is not what I said, I said "Replacing ISO-8859-1" with the correct character set for each of the languages you are using"

So you need to find out (search on the net, Google) which is the correct character set for each language.

If this doesn't work either, with the correct language settings, pls postback and I'll see what else we can invent, although, at that point, you will need to change the code of the processor (I will explain you how to do it)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, I searched on google and I found out that the character set for the languages (NL FR DU ENG) I use are the same iso-8859-1. I tried also UTF-8 and I got strange characters. The problem is not in the form itselfs, but in the editboxes: the accents are visible when someone fills in the form, but at reception every letter having an accent has dissapeared.

Comment

Did you try to set the charset for the form to ISO-88859-1 as instructed on the other thread ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi again, I tried what you told me to do, but it doesn't work either...

Comment

I've always used charset=ISO-8859-1 and never encountered any issues with punctuation for Latin languages on a standered HTML PAGE.

Could you explain a bit more about your edit boxes?

Comment

Be sure that your php processing code should also be charset=ISO-8859-1. If one page is iso and the other utf8 your latin punctuacion will not be displayed correctly.

Comment

As you see in the form www.quatrefeuilles.info/frreservation_clone.php
                    you see the punctuation even when you fill in the form. But the problem is that all letters with punctuation has dissapeared at reception in my email box.

Comment

Please set the page chr set to be UTF 8 and test. This should work just fine, I have alreday tested it on my server.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I went to page properties and changed the charset in UTF 8 (I already tried this before). This is the result: please click www.quatrefeuilles.info/frreservation_clone.php

Comment

Pls look at LINK REMOVED
                          As you see, I can publish pages with characters with accents without issues.

Maybe your computer is not set correctly to use Unicode ?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

That's not the problem. You have seen my form too, the accents are visible and correct. The problem is at reception of the form, the information that the client filled in on the form, if there are any accents, they dissapear at reception in my email box. 2 possibilities I think: my computer (but I don't have any problem with other emails I receive) or something is not set correctly in the editboxes on the form (but I tried all the things you told me)

Comment

As I said: I tried it on my server and works fine.

You can test yourself at LINK REMOVED

I modified the code so you can receive the mail yourself, if you type in your email address.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X