Site Verification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Verification?

I'm trying to get my site verified - I followed the instruction given by Blue Voda - entered the URL's of my sites, hit "verify this site" - but no other instructions ever came up (the Blue Voda instructions told me to follow the instructions after I'd hit "verify this site")... so, now what?

Re: Site Verification?

Is your site actually published?
    Provide a URL so we can take a look at your page source code to see if we can spot something amiss.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, it's published. I was able to get to the cPanel and upload the Google HTML file - but they come back saying that the file has the wrong content...

Comment

Don't use an HTML file as a sitemap!

Visit www.xml-sitemaps.com and generate your comprehensive and compliant XML Sitemap, upload it to your account, and let it get picked up by Google normally: it is becoming more and more advised not to submit (or be 'verified' or acknowledged) manually, as too many people have abused the functionality already being so anxious to "place and be seen" ....

Comment

Okay - thank you! I did all that - how do I go about finding out if the site is verified?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Don't use an HTML file as a sitemap!

Visit www.xml-sitemaps.com and generate your comprehensive and compliant XML Sitemap, upload it to your account, and let it get picked up by Google normally: it is becoming more and more advised not to submit (or be 'verified' or acknowledged) manually, as too many people have abused the functionality already being so anxious to "place and be seen" ....
            Do you even know what "verified" means?
            It simply means that your site is too new (not been spidered yet) for any information to be corroberated .... you will need to simply wait in the normal que for your turn to be visited at least once to provide a baseline of relevance for the sitemap information to support (the SE's see sitemap info as 'News' until "verified" --- which basically comes from the whole process of determining which sites are compliant and worthy to undergo further ratings procedures to qualify for eCommerce status and certification, in lieu of an SSL, such as for an Amazon or eBay store ... again, all based on structure of pages and accuracy of sitemap to cache).

Which is what I mentioned above: manually upload your sitemap, and simply wait for Google to visit your site organically!!

But, if you won't take my word for it, here is some more discussion on the Google Analytics site istself ....

I do have a very successful SEO company, BTW, and am not blowing up your skirt!

Comment

Working...
            X