Blogsite vs. Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogsite vs. Webpage

I'm wondering if there's a real advantage to run a blog on a designated blog site as opposed to running it on a regular webpage (constructed like a blog site). My blog is made up mostly of stories so it doesn't really need most features that a blog site provides (comments, etc.). As a matter of fact I find most blog sites constraining and often confusing; overloaded with far too much information.
    I've just read a webpage story-site that was laid out like a blog-site but much more organized and easy to read (like it started with the first page, not the last that I find annoying).
    So, if I do my blog on my website as a web-page - as opposed to, say, on Wordpress - do I lose out and where?
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: Blogsite vs. Webpage

You seem to forget the most important things:
    A blog is (depending on your settings) automatically renewed, real-time. A website can't be like this.
    A blog is for people to share / reply to each other. A website is at owners discretion.
    A blog allows searching for info easily (as it has a dynamic backend based on DB) thanks to a "search" tool that uses keywords and tags.

So your issue here is to decide what YOU want to have
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X