Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Edit BV HTNL

Hi All
    Can anyone tell me how I can edit the BV generated HTML.

In Cpanel>file manager>code editor I can edit the code but every time I make a change in BV and publish, it over writes the coding changes. Is there any way I can :-

1.edit/delete the BV generated code within BV itself and publish as normal? Or

2. Edit the HTML code in C Panel and then download the file and save it to my BV files on my computer.

Tried the second way but BV will not open the downloaded file from Cpanel as it does not accept the format. When I look at the file in BV it is default saved as index.bvp. When I look at the file in CPanel in my public_html folder it is saved as index.php.

Your urgent help would be most welcome.

Thank you

Re: How Can I Edit BV HTNL

BV is a HTML Generator, not a HTML Editor.

As such, EACH time you publish, it generates the code from scratch, overwritting any changes you might have done on the server.

You can't open the downloaded file in BV.
    You should, if the changes are possible, modify the objects HTML in BV by adding code in the Before, Inside and After Tag.

Of course, this is only a generic advise, without knowing what you are after, I can't tell you if it is possible or not.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign

My reason for asking is that I am doing some SEO and I have noticed that there is a lot of script which my SEO consultant tells me is making it difficult for spiders to read the page. I wanted to put all this script into a file and put a link to it instead.
      Also when he ran a a spider simulation on my home page he said that the spider could not read further than a few lines and this is going to seriously hamper my pages being found and ranked.
      I also want to put in H1, H2-H6 tags.
      My site is www.fixedfeetaxreturn.com.

I still don't understand why I can't download the file from Cpanel and open it in BV?

Comment

Your SEO consultant does not know what they are talking about ..... seriously!

Blue Voda does not create any code that is considered non-compliant, non-conforming, or "sloppy" in any sense whatsoever.
        Were I you, I would ask for specific examples of code that is of concern, so it can be openly addressed.

As a proven SEO professional with Blue Chip clientele, I contest any such proposition that Blue Voda is of any professional detriment to the success or potential of a website wholly.

As far as making the proper H-META entries, this can now be done simply with the inclusion of tools in the latest release of Blue Voda (and has always been mentioned as a foundational influence on developing valued Content):
        FORMAT > STYLES > GENERAL STYLES (H-META)

SEO TIP: Proper H-Meta Development & Techniques

The reason you cannot edit BV created pages outside of the BV workpane itself is proprietary, and that should suffice.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X