Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less links on the landing page?

Hi guys,

After changing the layout completely a few months ago I've noticed that I lost some important positions with the SE's for my most important keyword.
    One of the changes I've made was to put more links on the landing page. I've read that it's NOT good for you if you have links pointing to different websites unless they are REALLY good and informative ones like newspapers,etc..

But I've made links pointing to my own pages, giving more info about New Zealand, like currency, what to wear, visa requirements, etc..

My question: Instead of having 6 links to 6 different pages ('draining the power of my main page) will I be better off having 1 link to a new page let's say "Find out more about New Zealand" and then all the info in this page?

It will still be good for the potential traveller (the focus when you make a nice page, I beleive) and also the SE's.

What do you think? Thanks a lot!
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: Less links on the landing page?

Yes. An interior page devoted to outbound links is far better than presenting them on your Index page.

Rule of thumb is to never have more than 15% of non-repeated links on your website be outbound, and of those, all should be to sites with PR greater than or equal to yours.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks (again) Vasili!

Have managed to 'clean up' a bit the main page. 8 links are gone to a new created internal page in the site. I'm sure things are going to change (my position) next time they (SE's) come to 'have a look' at my site. It happens by the end of each month, isn't it?

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Each website is visited at different times, although regularly, according to the original dates listed on previously cached pages.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X