• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my new website

www.lostcreeknaturals.com

Thanks!! Kristy

Re: Review my new website

I feel bad not having helped as promised .... been in the hospital for a week now, and just got out.

Most excellent ....
    I would, however, make your Menu with the "Hover" and "Sub" items for both normal and hover with a background color (same green as the page background) so the menu selections themselves do not get lost against the page when they present, or continue to lay over page text ... needs some differientation or contrast when using navigation.

And I have a question about the font you chose to use for the site .... did you choose it and use it simply as a choice within a normal textbox, or is this all done using the Logomaker? Hard for me to tell, with more than 2500 fonts on my system, but important if you expect others to view it as you created it: unless others have this font on their system, using it as a selected font in the normal text box manner, it will be substituted by another font on their monitor - potentially messing up your entire site design.
    If you created your content using the Logomaker, it will be done as an image, and thus be universally displayed, but, as an image, your 'textual Content' will lose all values for the SE's and leave your pages as non-compliant.
    Big difference.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

.....yeah, really nice! Great products too :)
      re the font: guess I must have it on my system? works real well
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Aside what's been said, I'm noticing a slight gap between the top lost creek naturals pic and the green shape. maybe get the two to touch or make the gap a little bigger 5-10 pixels to differentiate the two. Also, The "extras" link goes over the header text. One more suggestion, I would recommend making an email link at the bottom. Hyperlink the email in ..."please call or email"...

Maybe I will the next time I drive through Nebraska I'll drop by:) I'm in the Mountain's West of Boulder...
        Mr. Big Paw
        Somewhere in the CO mountains
        Big Paw Services

Comment

Ditto what they said, but very easy on the eyes..I like it..
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thank you so much for all the great tips! :)
            I think I have fixed the little glitches but am wondering about the "hover" on the navigation bar...How do I fix that? Vasili suggested "make your Menu with the "Hover" and "Sub" items for both normal and hover with a background color (same green as the page background) so the menu selections themselves do not get lost against the page when they present, or continue to lay over page text". Could you walk me thru making that change with the background color??
            Thanks again!
            And pink eeyore :) thanks and look forward to meeting you if you drive thru!

Comment

Kristy ...send me your .bvp file and I will add the backgrounds to a copy of the file and send back both the original and the copy for you to use however you wish.

I tried to pull it off via Remote HTML, but my BV crashed and I don't have time to re-register the entire page again ....

Left you a voice message with details.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Great site. Congrats!

Your page (landing page) title is: Lost Creek Naturals l Home

I would replace 'home' for a more important keyword for your business. Why not trying:
                Lost Creek Naturals l Natural Products

Cheers,
                N Z B R
                t o u r s
                New Zealand Tours
                Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thanks for the help!