about templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about templates

Thinking about Blue Voda, seems like a great program but I was wondering a few things:

1) I'm trying to figure out what's the point of templates. Can't I just create a page, save it as "page x", open it again, delete the text and some images, and save it as a different page name?

2) If I create my own template because the later isn't the right way to do it, what's the difference between opening up a template than to clone a page?

Do any of my questions make a difference to the actual source codes per page?

I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks!

Re: about templates

No difference that I know of.
    Blue Voda/3rd party templates can be a handy way to quickly assemble a website.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by baluga View Post
      Thinking about Blue Voda, seems like a great program but I was wondering a few things:
      1) I'm trying to figure out what's the point of templates. Can't I just create a page, save it as "page x", open it again, delete the text and some images, and save it as a different page name?
      2) If I create my own template because the later isn't the right way to do it, what's the difference between opening up a template than to clone a page?
      Do any of my questions make a difference to the actual source codes per page?
      I hope my questions make sense. Thanks!
      1. Yes
      2. Cloning merely inheirits the formatting of the previous page, which in itself can be confusing for those forgetful of how certain Navigational schemes are structured (and dependently 'ordered'), as well as become something of an obstacle when each page is largely unique and needs more independent structure and formatting. Cloning is merely a FUNCTION that is provided as a convenience, not a mandate. It is the same as opening your 'page x' and using it as a foundation for additional contiguous pages to be developed. The "Clone" function is merely a glorified "Copy" function that is scripted as a command within Blue Voda to duplicate a 'page' (a set of constructs as one item).
      3. As a code generator, Blue Voda writes clean, compliant code, and it does not matter if the page was originally created or "cloned" ... it is still the pure coded pages that was perfectly written that presents online to Visitors and the SE's. Using Blue Voda means you should not be fiddling with or concerned with Source Code whatsoever. Even METADATA is entered via dialog panels from within Blue Voda, so try not to be too clever or be tempted to "over-complicate" things by wandering off the proven path to progress.

The use of templates is also merely a convenience .... sometimes the ability to incorporate visuals or complimentary schemes pre-made and from the combined use of some software titles that the User is not familiar with, does not own, or has not had the experience to develop themselves translates into a more compelling reason to use a template, as it is a "finished" product ready to be used.
      Blue Voda, however, is restricted to using image-based templates rather than coded or dynamic, as would be a PHP-based template or one created using Flash, for example. The image itself is 'sent to back' of the page to become a 'page background' with elements lain over it .....

However you choose to create and duplicate your pages is up to you and your manner of logical understanding of coordinating your developmental efforts toward your website goal.

Sounds like you need to learn more about Blue Voda and how to use it effectively before you assume too much as you plan. Blue Voda is an incredibly versatile, feature-rich WYSIWYG web tool, but it will only publish to a VodaHost server by using the Publish commands from within Blue Voda itself: there is no other way, meaning you will need a paid hosting account from VodaHost when you are ready to publish your Blue Voda website.

BLUE VODA TUTORIALS .... be sure you review them!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,
        I'm a new user to this program and this forum, and struggling a little bit, as many topics aren't covered in the tutorials,i'm not as computer literate as many, but having ago,

On the template issue, is there a way if i modify the template that all the child pages that used that template are automatically update, i.e., change some background text like a phone number, and all pages are updated ?, thanks and best regards

Comment

Working...
        X