Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error page not showing up with captcha

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong... I'm testing a future version of my site's contact page. If I enter the correct captcha (case sensitive), the form is send and transfers to my success page, no problem. If I do not enter the right code or forget to capitalize the letters, I am not directed to my error page, I get directed to a page with the following code like message:

"Warning
    : file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/bjxxfdsc/public_html/testing/contact-us.php on line 11

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.bigpawservices.com/404.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/bjxxfdsc/public_html/testing/contact-us.php on line 11"

what I'm I forgetting to do? Without the captcha box, there are no issues.

This is the link to my test contact page: www.bigpawservices.com/testing/contact-us.php and this is the link to the error page: www.bigpawservices.com/404.php

Does this have anything to do with my
    .htaccess code? I haven;t changed it ever since I made the site it's still "ErrorDocument 404 /404.php"

One other thing I noticed: I set name, email, and number constraints but I noticed that even if I do not fill in those fields, the form is still sent successfully. Again, what am I forgetting? It used to do it on the current live site found in my signature below. It doesn't do that now...

Much appreciated for any help.
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: error page not showing up with captcha

Your error page path in the built in form processor should be simply "error.html" (or whatever else the page name is) without www.big........

Change it, Save, publish and refresh the page to test.

Please also make sure you have set the correct text in the error page as per instructions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign,

That fixed that problem. I had it with the www.big... since the site's been running 2 years ago, could see what was in my face.

Can I make a few different error pages? I've one than in the past with sucess pages to make them more personal for the form they fill... I've been playing with that now, having one page for when they enter the wrong captcha with a redirect back to the contact page and a regular error page that I have set in my .htaccess file if a link is missing or they mistyped the link so far it's working...

What about the constraints I placed? I'd like that potential new client leave their name and email at the very least in the form to make contacting them easier but the form is still sending even if everything is left blank.

Thanks,
      Mr. Big Paw
      Somewhere in the CO mountains
      Big Paw Services

Comment

The form processor requires a specific error page, not an whatever error page.

Unfortunately the captcha used by BV will only display a "The entered code is wrong" message and a "BAck" link, it can't use any custom made error page.

Your validation doesn't work probably because you have inserted Javascripts in your page that conflict with the BV validation script (I get a Javascript error warning in your page).
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Can someone have a look at my form. When i click submit i get this error:
          Warning: file_get_contents(./error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cumwitht/public_html/adyourtown.com/cancel.php on line 11

The only thing i added was a edit box for a email

Thank!

Comment

You are having major issues with your entire site: your navigation does not function because you have capitalized your page titles (i.e. the page you saved and published as "Pricing.html" should be "pricing.html"), and most likely have other simple issues as well.

Most likely you have not saved the "cancel.php" page with the proper "Encoding" page type (in FORM Properties): make sure you select "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" instead of "Multipart-data" and that you have indeed selected Publish Page as PHP.
            Take the time also when in the screen to double-check all other entries (email address being used, name of form, etc.) so they function and deliver properly.

Next, be sure every element is actually on top of and within the boudaries of your FORM. Re-Save and re-Publish after corrections have been made.

Another suggestion: If you have ever accidentally published your page as .html instead of .php, you will need to connect with your account via FTP Manager in Blue Voda and delete the cancel.html page to remove any conflict.

THEN go back and re-Name, re-Save, and re-Publish your other improperly formatted pages, this time using all lower case letters!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I believe i have corrected everything but i am still getting the same error message. I did name my form "feedback" just like that in lower case, would that make a difference?

Comment

Provide a screenshot of your FORM Properties dialog box and a screenshot of your PAGE PROPERTIES dialog box so it makes sense what is being discussed.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X