Help with Hyperlink Naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Hyperlink Naming

I hope I can explain this correctly. I am trying to create new pages with my /articles page (about 30 article). I want a particular article's hyperlink to look something like www.yourname.com/articles/coconutwater

Would I create the page name as /article/coconutwater.html? If not, how would I go about doing this. Really hard to put into words, but hope the question makes sense..

Thanks.

Re: Help with Hyperlink Naming

You would create a folder called article in your public_html folder. You can do this with Tools > FTP Manager (right click in the right hand column). When you want to publish a page (e.g., coconutwater.html) to that folder you type public_html/article in the Publish window.

To then link to the page, your link must look like this: http://www.yourname.com/article/coconutwater.html (or .php if that happens to be the extension).

(Note: your Publish window will memorize the fact that you are publishing to your article folder, so don't forget to change that the next time you want to publish to your main folder or elsewhere.)
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
    X