This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook as Comment Box

Do any of you use the guestbook as a comment box? Is it efficient?

I want my viewers to be able to comment on my articles, but I don't really know how to write scripts and such.

Please give me your input, if this is not the way you all have people comment on your page, let me know alternatives.

Thanks..

Re: Guestbook as Comment Box

Collecting comments as done in Wordpress, for example, is still a matter of time invested to edit, approve, and so forth ..... I never allow any comments to simply be automatically posted to any of my sites. That being the case, any "script" to facilitate incoming comments is really nothing more than an email form .... so with the ease of using Blue Voda, I simply provide a specially labelled email form to collect comments: each has in the "subject" field of the email header the exact page/article it is collecting for .... simple! I merely screen all the emails that come in and decide whether or not to copy+paste/edit them onto my BV pages. A LOT simpler without compromise, yes?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Collecting comments as done in Wordpress, for example, is still a matter of time invested to edit, approve, and so forth ..... I never allow any comments to simply be automatically posted to any of my sites. That being the case, any "script" to facilitate incoming comments is really nothing more than an email form .... so with the ease of using Blue Voda, I simply provide a specially labelled email form to collect comments: each has in the "subject" field of the email header the exact page/article it is collecting for .... simple! I merely screen all the emails that come in and decide whether or not to copy+paste/edit them onto my BV pages. A LOT simpler without compromise, yes?
      Hey thanks for the response.

I may just do that. Do you know if you can screen the comments from the guestbook? I really wouldn't mind them posting straight to the site, I will have someone everyday probably watching over them anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by tyab14 View Post
        Hey thanks for the response.

I may just do that. Do you know if you can screen the comments from the guestbook? I really wouldn't mind them posting straight to the site, I will have someone everyday probably watching over them anyways.
        No ... Guestbook comments get posted automatically, which is why no one really uses Guestbooks anymore --- way too much spam and time to manage.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X