X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut and paste

Hello All,

I want to cut and paste text from a document on my pc to a page for a site I'm building. When I create a text block for the page and paste into it the text is all over the place, I've created the document with Open Office and have saved it in odf, .doc and pdf but the text is all out of alignment when I paste it over and I haven't figured out how to link the pdf to the page as yet.

This is my first web page I'm building so go easy on me.

Or point me in the right direction to learn how to do it.

Re: cut and paste

Well first of all welcome and good luck with your site. As you are new here and not knowing what stage you are at (I am guessing you are just starting your build), have you seen these step by step tutorials? http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-...oda-tutorials/

Also to help us to help you always post your www. address so we can see what you see, eg your text issue.

As far as linking to a pdf, you need to upload it to the server and then link to it. I will explain in more detail if I must but I reckon this is not what you really want to do.

Have a look at those tutorials first and then come back to us if it doesn't answer your questions.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

There is no need to consider linking to a document , in any format, when creating (duplicating) text Content for your pages: you can indeed simply highlight the text you wish to "move over" to your pages, Copy it, and then Paste it into Notepad .... the accessory program available to you in your Start > All Programs > Accessories in your PC.

Once you have copied your text into Notepad, it removes the formatting that may conflict when pasting it into a Blue Voda textbox, you can then copy and paste it from there directly into a textbox on your page. Once it has been pasted, you can format it accordingly.

This is the Tutorial demonstrating how to add text to your pages, which is a basic Blue Voda skill:
      Text – adding text to your pages + fonts sizes and highlights

ALL BLUE VODA TUTORIALS

Linking to PDF's as a means of distributing documents to Visitors is an entirely different animal, and this too can be done easily in Blue Voda, but it is no way to present web content properly. You can learn how to distribute PDF's from your Blue Voda website simply by doing a Forums Search to pull up the many, many threads that address this previously for you.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the help folks, I guess I'm stuck using notepad......

I don't have a www. address as yet, but will soon..... I don't have the $$$$$ yet to get my site on the web. Im building a site for a club and the money is tight right now as it just formed a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
        X