website "members garage!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website "members garage!"

I run a car ehthusiasts site, which includes a php forum. The website itself is quite large now (forgot just how many pages! Think it's around 20 to 30. Most pages are in html, but have found that ones that have forms have to be published as php.

What I would like to do is to create a single page (called members garage) that is viewable to everyone including visitors, but also has a log in requirement so members can upload a picture of their car. I'd also like a text area they can fill in too, with set fields for car type/wheels/engine etc.

Is it possible to create this using blue voda, as I have worked with other website building programs such as dreamweaver and found them nowhere near as easy to use as BV, which lets you place things exactly where you want them. So ideally, I want to create this using BV.

Would it be a form i would need to create to let them upload the image files and text? Also, how would it place them one after the other on the page? Would the page need some form of script to make it adjust the page height everytime a member posts/fills in the form and uploads to the page? Or is it possible for them to have a page each, which is found from a link on the main garage page when they submit their car details. Ive seen something like this in an aold phpbb2 forum a while back, and wondered if its poss to incorporate it into a web page, as phpbb3 doesnt support it.

I'm still a novice at this, and have tried various things to make this work in bv so far to no avail.

On a seperate note, is the voda forum using phpbb software? If it is, how did you incorporate the "tags" field for posters to fill in while posting?

Any help much appreciated!

Dave
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Re: website "members garage!"

What you are after requires custom scripting, only possible if you have a good lot of PHP / MySQL experience.

The BV forum is VBulletin and has been customized.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: website "members garage!"

ahhh, I've considered switching to Vbulletin, seems to be a very good bit of software. Just need to see if funds allow! I take it the garage thing is a no go then, as Im deffinately no expert in script
      http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

Working...
      X