This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help creating pages in my site

i have created a home page. I created a "whattoexpect" page that should link from the menu bar in my home page. I dont know how to make this happen. I saved it as index.html. But I created a link for it to go to. But I think something is missing. The video tutorials dont help. I've created a subdomain in my cpanel for this link. Could someone just explain from beginning to end, how do I do this, so I can keep creating additional pages to my site. PLEASE. So frustrated. Im not a techie.

Re: help creating pages in my site

Have you published these pages or are you working using the preview function?

Pages can be previewed on a page by page basis but links only work when you publish them.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

the pages are published. First off, my site is: www.chinatownauction.com. It's Published. I feel like Im so close but Im missing something. In my "home" page, I put under a menu tab the "what to expect" menu, and in the link for that menu I put in the url. www.chinatownauction.com/whattoexpect.html. I created a subdomain for the "what to expect" page. I created the "what to expect page" in Blue Voda. If I try to publish the "what to expect" page, it says the directory does exist. Im trying to publish it in the subdomain directory because thats the only way im aware of to do it. If I publish it to the main domain directory, it repopulates my "home" page with the "what to expect page". Can you help.

Comment

Explain to me why you are creating sub domains?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

1. You must SAVE your "Home" page as "index" and publish it to your Primary public_html/ directory (leaving this area blank in the Publish Dialog Box) using the PUBLISH command or icon from within Blue Voda only. If you do not have your first page saved and published as index (every site is required to have only one index page, which is the "default" page, or first page of the site) any subsequent page published will supercede and overwrite the last page entered, ipso facto becoming the substitute defaulted page.
          2. You must SAVE your next page as "whattoexpect" and also publish it to your public_html/ directory, also leaving that field in your Publish Dialog Box blank.
          3. The proper link to your page will thus look like: http://www.chinatownauctions.com/whattoexpect.html
          4. The proper link to your "Home" page looks like http://www.chinatownauctions.com and must simply be entered so.

Name, Save, and publish your pages in this manner --- not to sub-domains or any other disgenious method. That is plain ridiculous!

If after you re-name your pages as mentioned and they do not publish normally, be sure to double-check trhe spelling of the page titles and the links carefully, and then possibly download a fresh copy of Blue Voda over your old (does not harm to your files) to see if it is a glitch due to a connection issue during last download.

There is nothing wrong with the processes, methods, or techniques established, so there is no need to "invent" solutions that are not solutions.

COMPLETE BLUE VODA TUTORIAL LIBRARY
          Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.

Tutorial Resouce Center
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much! I wasnt trying to invent anything. I was just trying to figure out how to do it. I watched the tutorials. However, it doesnt explain that missing link..which for me was the file only needed one index page. I put the link in the menu tab like they said for pages to my site. But I was saving it as an index as well. THANK YOU AGAIN! You just dont know how much you've helped me!

Comment

uh oh....looks like I thanked you too soon. No actually what you said worked. But now on that same page, when I click the "whattoexpect" tab, that page shows up like it should. But when I click on the home page menu, nothing happens. It just stays on the "whatto expect page. I simulated what you said and did the same thing with the home page. I saved it at home then made the link http://www.chinatownauction.com/home.html. I published it but still nothing happens when I click the home page tab.

Comment

forget it....I figured it out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  1. You must SAVE your "Home" page as "index" and publish it to your Primary public_html/ directory (leaving this area blank in the Publish Dialog Box) using the PUBLISH command or icon from within Blue Voda only. If you do not have your first page saved and published as index (every site is required to have only one index page, which is the "default" page, or first page of the site) any subsequent page published will supercede and overwrite the last page entered, ipso facto becoming the substitute defaulted page.
                  2. You must SAVE your next page as "whattoexpect" and also publish it to your public_html/ directory, also leaving that field in your Publish Dialog Box blank.
                  3. The proper link to your page will thus look like: http://www.chinatownauctions.com/whattoexpect.html
                  4. The proper link to your "Home" page looks like http://www.chinatownauctions.com and must simply be entered so.
                  And if you followed instructions, you are in fact sure that the URL (link) in your Navigation is as shown above???
                  There is nothing that can go wrong on the computer side, only yours: pay attention to all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepower View Post
                    forget it....I figured it out. Thanks
                    Yezzum ...

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...