Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish a web page built with thrid party software

Hi,
    I have built a web page using HTML - Kit and now want to publish with my BV account.
    Can anyone help me?
    I understood that I have to work through FTP protocol.
    The 64 millions questions is "How to do that?"
    Many thanks for your support.

Re: Publish a web page built with thrid party software

Follow the directions included with your "HTML-Kit" .... if you already have your VodaHost Account Logon Info, it should not be an issue.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Follow the directions included with your "HTML-Kit" .... if you already have your VodaHost Account Logon Info, it should not be an issue.
      Many thanks for your reply.
      I did it and I have all files in my BV account.

I face two issues:

1st one.
      I have my own domain with VH. called "sfatulnostru.com"
      Then I bought a new domain from some weherelse, called "servmails.com"
      I want to host it with my VH account.
      I have already addoned it.
      The idea is that it appear to be like a subdomain, somthing like :
      "www.servmails.sfatulnostru.com" where as I want all m y customer acces it as www.servmails.com
      I undeestood there is the posibility to riderect it, i.e.: type into the browser www.servmails.com and it wil be riderected to the subdomain www.servmails.sfatulnostru.com

I have tried it but seems it does not work.

2nd issue.

All when I acces the news site, there are no pictures shown, including buttons a.s.o. I have used to beuild up the new site>
      Ihave tried various things, but no results.

I will highly appreeciate a step by step instructions of settling this issue.

Thank you very mcuh for your support.
      Nicolae

Comment

You are not following standard procedures, and are errantly creating sub-domains when you should be creating Add-On domains instead. You need to decide whether to transfer your new domain to VodaHost (where you can manage it easier, everything being in one place) or to leave it where your pruchased it and make Nameserver entries properly there so it will "point" to the proper hosted website at VodaHost.

No matter where you purchased the domain, you will need to add it to your VodaHost hosting account as an "Add-On" Domain.
        Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account

If you purchased the domain from a Registrar other than VodaHost, after you have successfully created an Add-On in your account, you will need to go to that Registrar and set Nameservers to your assigned servers at VodaHost so it can "find" the hosting account to "point" to.
        DNS Nameserver Tutorials

If you purchased/registered the domain from Enom through VodaHost, you will need to also set the Nameservers for the domain, for it is simply just sitting there in your account not knowing where to point to ..... you'll need to review the Tutorials on setting your VodaHost registered (through Enom) domain Nameservers ...
        VodaHost’s name servers?
        Making DNS changes at Enom.com

Once you have successfully created an Add-On to your VodaHost account, made Nameserver entries, then you can begin publishing your Blue Voda pages following the following protocols:
        Differences in Domain Types via URL Examples:
        http://www.PrimaryDomain.com
        http://www.AddOnDomain.com which is an actual registered domain with Nameservers set at your VodaHost account
        http://SubDomain.PrimaryDomain.com which is a fully functional non-registered domain created in your cPanel as an independent site (directory) in Main Account

how to PUBLISH ... >>
        The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
        (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
        (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
        (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
        Publishing your web pages on the internet

...as well as how to best link pages ... >>
        * To link page-to-page in this new site - if an add-on - the linking method is exactly the same as when using your Primary domain, as it has a unique domain from which to find the hosted site:
        i.e. http://www.AddOnDomain.com/next-page.html

* To link page-to-page in a subdomain, you will need to follow the same logical structure, only adding the variables as required:
        i.e. http://Sub-Domain.PrimaryDomain.com/next-page-title-here.html .

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X