X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-Domain Pages Not Showing

Hello Vasili,

Thanks for your detailed explanations regarding subdomains. I created subdomain in CP and published the following page:

subdomain.maindomain.com/page.php

And it's working just great, however I still don't understand how to publish subdomain without any pages:

subdomain.maindomain.com

When I enter subdomain.maindomain.com I see the following:

Index of /

Then goes the list of files and my page subdomain.maindomain.com/page.php

Re: Domains

Originally posted by lisja4chij View Post
    Hello Vasili,
    Thanks for your detailed explanations regarding subdomains. I created subdomain in CP and published the following page:
    subdomain.maindomain.com/page.php
    And it's working just great, however I still don't understand how to publish subdomain without any pages:
    subdomain.maindomain.com
    When I enter subdomain.maindomain.com I see the following:
    Index of /
    Then goes the list of files and my page subdomain.maindomain.com/page.php
    Not providing a valid URL in your post makes it difficult to see any details regarding your specific issue, reduces your post to simply a hypothetical discussion.
    How to ask for assistance

The Rules for the internet are constant and the same for every type of domain: The first page of any website (Primary Domain, Sub-Domain, Add-On Domain) must be saved and published as index (all lower case letters). You cannot have your first page be something like "page1" for it will not display as the default page when you enter the directory .... which is why you are seeing the Directory Index of your sub-domain rather than the index page.

How to name your BlueVoda web pages

Publishing your web pages on the internet

BLUE VODA TUTORIAL LIBRARY
    Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.

Now ... for the "second part" of your post: "however I still don't understand how to publish subdomain without any pages" There is absolutely no purpose to create a sub-domain and not publish anything to it. If you are asking how to publish a page to a new sub-domain, then simply publish normally as outlined in the Tutorials and here. Otherwise, the question does not make much sense, unless it was answered above mentioning your index page being required as the first page to be published?
    Or does it have to do with saving your pages within Blue Voda?? For every add-on domain and every sub-domain, you will in fact need to created a new folder to save it in, and that folder does not have to be created within any other --- your Primary domain is the public_html/ directory seen as the root in the Blue Voda structure, and every other domain (of any type) needs a separate folder to save the pages into. When you go to publish them, that's where you specify the path specifically .... BV knows how and where to publish them by the paths you detail in the Publish Dialog box, as described in the Tip linked to above.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X