text shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text shifting

hey everybody! I finally got my first page published. I love BV. It's very easy to work with after I got the hang of it. The tutorials were great also. The only problem that I'm having now is that everything looked good on my computer when I built the page, but after I published it, all of the text is WAY smaller and shifted to the left. Some of the lines were out of alignment too. I haven't downloaded any new versions of BV because I'm not sure how to uninstall the current version on my computer. I read some of the other threads, but trying to manually write html is still over my head. Could you please tell me if there is an easy way to fix the text? I need VERY SIMPLE instructions (like you would give your 110 year old grandmother). THANKS!! My website is www.t1sat.com if you want to see what I mean.

Hi Janey,

Do you mean the text links, that all that look a little off to me. other than that it looks great

To change to the new BV( there no support for the older ones)

back up your BV files 1st, ( just copy the BV folder into and new one name it back up)

then run the un-stall program, start -programs-BV-un-install

reboot your pc

Then follow the link http://www.vodahost.com/bv.htm

and install

Then open you folder and load you page and re-publish, the problem may have gone way
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Ok I did all of that and republished my page. Here is another wierd thing: I sat up my Norton Internet Security to have different logins and opening pages. Mine has a password to access it and my son's is set up as a teenager account to help monitor his internet access. The really wierd thing is that as I look at my web page through my browser, it looks messed up. The print is still really little. I went back in and shifted the text more to the right to balance the left sided drift. So that looks better. But when I go through my son's browser it looks ALMOST normal. Any thoughts on why the same computer would display the same page differently?

Comment

Have you tried looking at your site with another computer? It sounds like this could be caused by your browser settings or maybe your Norton's Anti-Virus.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I had the same problem

What i did was i brought the page into dreamweaver and checked for errors. I had numerous errors with shape lines overlapping. I made sure there was nothing overlapping and it fixed my problem. In my opinion even though i am a novice at this a web site should be viewable on 90% of the computers out there. Don't expect to get all the errors out its almost impossible. Every web site has errors. pet121
          Last edited by pet121; 08-23-2005, 05:28 AM. Reason: because

Comment

Working...
          X