This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error 530: Authentication

When trying to go to my FTP Connect, I keep getting turned away because of Authentication (530) error. Where and how can I go to find a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Re: error 530: Authentication

When we go into BlueVoda's Ftp section and select Connect, it takes you to a panel where you set your IP address, your user name and your password. I am using the username and password provided by VodaHost in their Welcome letter. I see no other password from VodaHost that is listed for FTP. Might there be another password? It seems to me that providing the above information should preclude getting the alarm on non-authentication. Guess being a newbie, I may not be understand everything. Thanks for any further help you can offer.

Comment

Re: error 530: Authentication

We can disregard this one now. I went back in, and put in an old username and password and IP address, and it didn't work, but when I went back and reentered my new username-Pwd-IP it worked. So either the logic was locked to the old one, and needed to be cleared, or I typed the password wrong. I was very careful when entering all info, so can't explain how it started working, but since its working now, it matters little, I suspect. Thanks for the help...

Comment

Working...
      X