This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Lost everything!

Hey all! I lost my hard drive the other day and had to reload and start fresh. My question is if there is any way to retrieve my pages from the voda host server so I can edit them without having to start all over. Thanks!!!!

ps: I'm not real computer/internet savvy so be easy on me. Isn't that what this blue voda thing is all about anyway? thanks again!

Re: Help! Lost everything!

Provide the URL of a website (or the domain name) that is hosted at VodaHost, and we'll be happy to share.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Auto Go Automotive: Your trusted full-service auto repair shop in Branson West, MO. Experienced professionals, 3 Year/36,000 Mile Warranty, FREE Loaner Cars. Contact us for expert tire sales and service.

Comment

Simply follow the instructions per our discussion, and you'll be fine!

Comment

thanks sooooo much for the quick reply! This place is awesome!

Comment

password problem

Hello again. I have resolved my previous problem.. HOWEVER, now the BV program is telling me my password is incorrect when I try to publish. It's always been saved when I publish before so I never had to enter it. I printed out the login info email I received when i first signed up with voda host, so I have the password, but it says it's not right. Is there any way to reset the password? or is something else going on here. thanks!

Comment

Re: password problem

for what it's worth, I have viewed the thread on the internet exception error 12014. IP is correct, and double checked the username and password again, and again, AND AGAIN.... everything is correct. I had to download BV again after my computer crashed. Could the new version be messing me up?

Comment

No, Jim.
                Since you're using Vista, double-check your Firewall settings and if necessary, turn them off. Also be sure to add Blue Voda as a Whitelisted program, and the various VH sites (cPanel, your website, etc.) to your Browser-approved Whitelists as well.

Comment

windows firewall is off. I am using firefox and always have been without problem. I dont know how to add safe sites to firefox. I still get the error when trying to publish. My website pulls up fine in firefox. anything else? I added blue voda and the blue voda ftp to the allowed programs in the firewall, even though it's off.

Comment

Try resetting your modem (and router) by powering off for 5 minutes to get a new IP assigned to your connection.

12014 is a Password Error > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/35772-post3.html

If you are in fact using the correct IP, User Name, and Password to your account (not Forum), then you may need to reset your Password: I myself would in fact Submit a Support Ticket describing my problem and let them resolve it for me however they do (maybe they need to reset the lockout only, which may have engaged after repeated attempts to logon, as the server would interpret this as a hack attempt).

Comment

thanks. I have submitted a support ticket. Hopefully they can get me straightened out.

Comment

Working...
                      X