This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastico PHPBB Installation Issues

I am trying to install the Vodahost Fantastico PHPBB Message Boards to my site using the tutorial provided by Vodahost (http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/phpbb/1phpbb.htm). No matter which variables I change (install directory, username, password, etc) I get the EXACT same message EVERY time I try to do the install:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1289877061.15187IfFfSouA1S on line 1641
    Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Now I have gone thru and checked and currently there is no PHP or MySQL databases installed or in use on our account.
    Now I have installed PHPBB from scratch on many other sites and never ran into an issue like this. Any ideas on what may be causing this?
    Thanx!!!!
    GPPS Tech Manager

Re: Fantastico PHPBB Installation Issues

1. What is the Primary Domain Name associated with your VodaHost hosting account?
    2. If you installing phpBB via Fantastico to another Domain associated with this account, did you in fact first properly create an Add-On directory as instructed in your previous thread?
    3. Are you trying to install phpBB via Fantastico to the root public_html/ directory for the domain, or using the Directory creation filed in the installation process to install it in a sub-directory?

If in fact you are in cPanel and within the Fantastico Dashboard following the simple steps as outlined in the video Tutorial you mentioned, there is no possible way the User Name would even become an issue, let alone be rejected.
    This is why you must provide a Primary Domain Name of a valid VodaHost hosting account, so verification of account status can be checked.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

1. What is the Primary Domain Name associated with your VodaHost hosting account?

pittsburghparanormal.com

2. If you installing phpBB via Fantastico to another Domain associated with this account, did you in fact first properly create an Add-On directory as instructed in your previous thread?

I did create the add on domains for the issue I asked about last night, but I am installing this to the primary domain on the account, pittsburghparanormal.com. I was trying to install it to a directory named "forums" and the directory was not created prior to the install as per the instructions.

3. Are you trying to install phpBB via Fantastico to the root public_html/ directory for the domain, or using the Directory creation filed in the installation process to install it in a sub-directory?

No I am trying to install it into a sub-directory called "forums" that would reside in the public_html directory

Install on domain: pittsburghparanormal.com
      Install in directory: forums

Administrator username: xxxxx
      Password: xxxxxx

Site name: pittsburghparanormal.com
      Short description: GPPS Forums
      Email Signature: The Forum Management
      Admin e-mail: xxxxx@pittsburghparanormal.com

Preferrred Language: English

So are you saying it should NOT be installed in a sub directory under the "public_html" directory and that I should install it in a sub-directory under my "/home/username" directory?

Comment

If you follow the instructions of the video Tutorial and as highlighted HERE, and Fantastico is not installing correctly, then Submit a Support Ticket to have your account refreshed.
        It may be that the servers have had Fantastico disabled temporarily while they deal with a rash of accounts being hacked, purportedly via Admin Dashboards exploitations from outdated Fantastico installs with historical vulnerabilities.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Followed the instructions and I still get the same error. I will open up a support ticket. Thank You for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X