Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published page differs from designed page

Hi!
    I recently made some changes to my website and when I published the page, the colored boxes (light blue and another gold strip) were a little over an inch higher than on the design page.

A print screen would not paste here, so the design adjustment I had to make so it would be correct at the website (URL for this page is: http://www.icadenver.org/training.html) was to make them LOWER on the design page (I had to experiment with changing and publishing until I got it right). The design page looks pretty awful.

This is a first time problem. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks! Sunny

Re: published page differs from designed page

Hmmm - FYI, in addition to the post I just did, I went to another page and found it was also messed up - published page has text on top of text that looks fine on the design page. I'm now working to get it right. This is quite annoying!!
    Sunny

Comment

Final anomaly noticed: now at this URL: http://www.icadenver.org/2010FConcflyer.html, the word REGISTER! which should appear in RED (until link is clicked and then blue) is hot pink on a black bar. I'm despairing - well, going to bed at least. I hope there are answers tomorrow!
      Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunwalker View Post
        Final anomaly noticed: now at this URL: http://www.icadenver.org/2010FConcflyer.html, the word REGISTER! which should appear in RED (until link is clicked and then blue) is hot pink on a black bar. I'm despairing - well, going to bed at least. I hope there are answers tomorrow!
        Sunny
        Take the time to properly format your hyperlink styles ...
        FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES tab

Everything from precise colors to hover styles, and more.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vassli - thanks for the reply. However, the page was displaying correctly and I did not change any styles. It was okay, I did some work on other pages, was checking the link and voila! Wrong. All the other issues are not related to links, but simply design elements (filled box, text boxes, etc.) - it's frustrating as it hasn't happened before and I've been unable to do anything except make the designed page look awful in order to make the published page appear correctly.

Comment

Get a new copy of BV and install it over the old.
            Make sure you are downloading over a solid connection (preferrably not a wireless home connection) and that you have prefaced the download by doing a full viral scan on your system (knocks out the spiderwebs and registry glitches).
            In textboxes, always add an extra space after the last typed character -- prevents text from reforming as 1.5 line spacing.
            Always make your text boxes larger (wider) than you truly need them to be, for each browser may or may not compress elements unequally, forcing them to reform positions if not oversized.
            THEN when you open your pages in the new BV, LOCK elements on the page before re-saving and re-publishing.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Fabulous! Will do later today when I get back from some appointments.

Comment

Working...
              X