Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Names and Passwords possible?

Greetings.

Is there a way to set up User Names and Passwords for a portion of my website? I have resources that I only want a specific users to be able to see.

For example, anyone could view most of the webpages, but there is a specific area for Partners which requires a log-in.

Re: User Names and Passwords possible?

could be this is what you're looking for
    (I found it by "searching" the forum....easy, you know?)
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I don't know what link you suggested above (it does not work at all), but Kyle is describing a Password Protected Directory rather than a simple Login or Single Page Password Protection script.

Keep in mind that when setting aside "an area" or a number of pages that is for certain Members or Groups, when using a Password Protected Directory even though it need not look like anything different than a regular page in a section, your first page saved as and published to this protected directory needs to be named index just like your regular website. Think of a protected directory as a "site within a site" that requires a User Name and Password to access.

Here is the Tutorial on how to create a Password Protected Directory in cPanel >
      Password protecting your website
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, Vasili. This was precisely what I needed!

Comment

The difference between password protecting a folder and that of password protecting single pages, is that in the first case you need to comunicate to each user his username / password that YOU create for them in CPanel. Pls not that this can be also the same for all of them making this a bit easier.

In the second case, Pages are password protected through BV's Login Tools. In that case usernames / passwords are created by the users themselves.

There is also a "philosophy" difference between the two: you use a password protected folder if you already have the user details, and need no more. If instead, you want to attract new users (in example to create a list of contacts) you promisse them access to specific areas of the site if they signup (providing name and email address), in that case immediate access is a must, and you can only have that with the Login Tools.

The link that ahimsa tried to post is BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.

If you only have a few partners, the method Vasili posted is more suitable for your needs.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X