png File Disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• png File Disappears

I’ve been trying to add a .png file to a page but for some reason the file won’t display properly. I’ve tried saving as interlaced and non – interlaced when creating the .png but this doesn’t seem to have any effect on the success. The page that I am trying to add the picture to is http://www.laketahoebike.com/home.html .
    The picture should be appearing in the upper left hand corner and should be an Olympic Bike shop logo. I have added JPEG and GIF files without a problem. The first time that I pulled up the page after uploading the graphic appeared briefly and quickly disappeared.
    Thanks for the help

Re: png File Disappears

1. The first page of your website must be Saved As and Published as index (all lower case letters) and not as "home." This is the most basic and fundamental requirements in developing a website, echoed in all the Forums and Tutorials.
    2. You need to give pages intelligent Page Titles via Page Properties, and also enter a minimum amount of METADATA, also via Page Properties.
    3. Be sure you are in factr Publishing your Blue Voda page by using either the Publish command or icon from within Blue Voda, and not via FTP or any other fashion (lest the formatting go awry).
    4. TOOLS > OPTIONS > PUBLISH Tab > you have pngfix selected "yes"? You may wish to review this thread for more insight into publishing with PNG images.
    5. IE has a difficult time rendering transparent images, moreso than other browsers, so it may be possible you need to upgrade to IE8.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

This page is intended as a proof of concept for layout and design purposes and will not be used for the live site, hence the name that the page is saved as and the lack of metadata, etc.

Yes I am publishing using the publish command and yes pngfix is set to “yes”. This is the third such site that I have built, but I have never attempted to use a .png file. I am using IE8, but it appears that the browser is in fact the issue because when I view in Firefox the image does appear properly. It appears to me after reading through the links you recommended in the other thread that IE 7 and above should support .png transparency rendering without an issue. Is there another more widely supported file type which supports rendering with a transparent background or is there something that I can adjust to get the file to render more effectively within IE?

Thanks,
      Cri

Comment

Sounds to me like you are trying to use an image as page template of sorts.
        Quite simply, take your PNG image and re-save it as either a JPG or GIF, in that order of preference. In any event, remember to reduce the file size of the image as much as possible so as not to create a conflict or 'hang' in the browsers as it attempts to load it ..... (which if this occurs, may often be seen as not loading at all --- similar to your original issue of not appearing, yes?).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, I am trying to use the file in a page template in this instance but I'd also like to be able to place png files on a colored back grounds to make use of the background transparency capabilities of png files. If I save as a jpg or gif I will always have a white background on the image right?

Comment

Working...
          X