This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscommerce hrlp in changes needed

I am not sure if anyone from here can help me with Oscommerce, I have tried at the forum on Oscommerce but have not got any answers as yet.
    What I want find out how I can do the following.:
    When you click on one of the categories, it displays the products with in that category and then when you click on one of the products it will display the discription, image of the product and cost.
    What I want to do is skip the all product list and display all the products in a row with the pruduct name , discription, product image and product price.

Re: Oscommerce hrlp in changes needed

You would have to re-write osCommerce completely to modify the sequence of how pages are ordered and how they are structured, as well as replace the search script.

You could try to create each base page yourself, and manually link it to another custom page that has the product display you specially created as well, bypassing the entire normal ordered page structure ... and to do this would mean to change the defaulted category page with a series of custom pages with specific navigation, but it will be difficult to mimic a smooth navigational formatting with the "unfriendly" formatting of page URL's generated by osC.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Something like this ? (not OSC)

Smith & Vandiver offers Dino Fizz Value Pack, Just for Kids, Children Bath, Kid Bubble Bath
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

As I said, to do this in osCommerce would require re-writing the entire script together with the Search, and might only be mimiced by a workaround of creating custom pages in place of the defaulted Category page with additional slave sub-pages linked properly.

That is the osCommerce solution that was specifically asked for .... but as mentioned, it is possible to have a custom designed script to do this, but it would be separate and not associated with your existing osC site.

You can't have it both ways, and custom is never free ....

To get an idea of how much it might cost you to customize osC the way you want it, try posting your "job" on www.freelancer.com There are hundreds of osC spe******ts that regularly offer affordable custom coding.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X