video files won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video files won't work

I can't get Quick Time or Wndows media Player to load a 4 sec. viedo file. I made a viedo in both AVI and WMV and i tried QT and WMP to put them on my web page - neither work.
    Can anyone make a suggestion.
    Thanks Fergus

Re: video files won't work

Does it work in preview ?

When you publish your page, make sure you select "Publish All files" . This will automatically upload on the site the video file.

There is no need to upload the file separately on the site, BV will take care of the upload.

Did you bother to upload the files to your directory before linking the player on your page to the uploaded file?

Maybe you need to review the Tutorial again a few times?
    A little more curtesy would be appreciated, if it is hard to you, pls refrain from posting.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i have done what both of you suggested and it still won't work.
      I have published 15 pages of art work using light box and a pop up menu so i have a good idea of how BV works.
      I moved the video file into the same photo folder and tried QT and WMP install the video . I saved the file and did a preview with no luck. I published the page - all files - on my first page ( index.bv ) And it didn't work.
      I feel its so close to working but i'm doing something wrong. I also downloaded an updated version of bv.

I you have any more suggestions please go for it. I'll keep trying.

Thanks
      Fergus

Comment

Ok, if it doesn't work in preview it will not work on the server either.

If the file is .avi or wmv you must use the WMP tool of BV.

The file name must also be correct for browser use, meaning that it must NOT contain any whitespaces, symbols, or uppercase characters.

Please post here the link to your published page, as well as the file name AS YOU SEE IT ON THE SERVER (connect with FTP to see the filename and post it here by copy / paste).
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.kathrynpollard.com.au

Art by Kathryn Pollard
          Not sure what file name you want - butterfly.wmv

Fergus

Comment

The requested URL /butterfly.wmv was not found on this server.

The file doesn't exist on the server. Did you publish chosing "Publish all files" ?

Furthermore, I see no player in your page! Did you add the WMP object in your page ? There is no trace of it in the page code.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Yes. I ll try it again.

Comment

Hi Fergus,
                ....on another note: I suppose you know none of your "gallery" links are working?
                ....and on your index:

then neither you nor the picture are ready for each other. That is neither sad nor (here you got it right lol) bad.

looks good so far - I'm sure you'll get the video thing sorted with Naval's help
                david
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks - I have deleted all 14 pages except the first page. I'm in the process of getting another site going and i'm testing the video file in a page that works.

Fergus

Comment

I have publshed a video file and clicked publish all files. I shows up in web page
                    www.kathrynpollard.com.au as a blank square.

Comment

I can see it just fine, the butterfly on the red flower.

It loads slowly though, which indicates that the file size is rather high.

If it doesn't appear on your browser, make sure you have the right plugin for WMP.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Boy o boy am I a real beginner. Thanks for all your support. My computer was blocking the file from loading. All i needed to do was click -allow file.

Thanks again
                        Fergus

Comment

Working...
                        X