No announcement yet.

How do change from Blue Voda to Joomla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do change from Blue Voda to Joomla?

Hello everybody,
    I have a web site, www.montecarlotransactions.com, designed with BlueVoda, and I have redesigned the site in Joomla. I have Joomla uploaded and site designed in a subdirectory: www.montecarlotransactions.com/joomla. They are both published and available. However, the BlueVoda site is what people see when they visit my site.

The question is, how do I get the Joomla site to be the one (default) that people see and not the BV site? Is it a matter of Un-Publishing the BV site? And do I do that by deleting all the associated BV files from the file manager? Or do I need to delete everything, re upload Joomla and re design all again?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help
    Giorgio

Re: How do change from Blue Voda to Joomla?

Normally, if you want to use Joomla, you would have to install Joomla in the main (rrot) directory, which is "public_html"

What you can do now, to avoid further work, is this:

Go in CPanel, and set a 301 redirect from the main site "montecarlotransactions.com" to http://www.montecarlotransactions.com/joomla

You should also delete all files from public_html.
    Last, create in BV an index page which should be blank, with a redirect to http://www.montecarlotransactions.com/joomla

You can set the BV index page redirect in "Page Properties-> Miscellaneous -> Redirect with 0 Delay
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
      Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems to be something very simple. However, don't you think it is better to go for a complete change? (Even though it means more work). Should I do the following:
      In CP delete all the files in < public_html > and the MySql (data base)
      Create a new data base and reupload Joomla through Fantastico and from there reupload all the content.
      As you can see I am not a hi-tech people. Would you tell me if this is correct? Thanks again for your advice.
      Kind regards.
      Giorgio

Comment

You asked for the easier way, and that's what I answered you.

If you go your way, take a DB dump so you will have the content to upload after the new installation (otherwise, you will have no content to upload)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You are right. Then if I go to CP and setup a redirection from: <mct.com> to <.../joomla>; Delete all files from <piblic_html>
          As for the index page (blank). When it is done, should I upload it to de main directory <public_html> or where else it has to be.

On the other hand, what do you mean by <take a DB dump>? Do you mean making a full back up from the entire web site or only from de data base I created for Joomla and reupload this DB again to the web site?
          Thanks again for your valuable advice.
          Kind regards,
          Giorgio

Comment

The DB dump is a database content backup that you take from CPanel, -> PHP MyAdmin, select the Database -> Export and Save as File. This will result in downloading a .sql file with the DB content.

The blank index page should be uploaded in the public_html.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hello Navaldesign,
              I have just done the <301 redirect> that you suggested and without any further action the web site is working. However, in order to complete the task it remains to be done: the deletion of the files in the <public_html> directory and the upload of the blank web page (I have created it and named it <index> or should I use the full url of the web site.
              Thanks again for your help.
              Kind regards,
              Giorgio

Comment

You can create a blank "index" page with BlueVoda, set the redirect in Page Properties, Miscelaneous, and publish it through BV.

Delete other files in public_html, just in case someone overides the redirect.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X