X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Excel in page

Hi,

I've searched our forum - can some one direct me to information on the following please.

I have an Exel page saved in my documents as .xls or alternatively as .htm whichever can be used by BV
    I would like to use this Exel file as a page in my site and refer to it via text link from other pages. Is this possible?

Can someone please help or direct me to posts on this - I have sort of exhausted keywords which I thought may show me some posts on this.
    Thank you

Re: Use Exel in page

Upload the document using Bluevoda' FTP client.

Once uploaded the links should look like this

.xls - http://www.mydomain.com/myspreadsheet.xls, note however that if your visitor doesn't have exel on their PC they won't be able to see it.

.htm - http://www.mydomain.com/myspreadsheet.htm, everyone should be ably to see it.

All the best
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

If you want to embed the document in a BV page, the only reasonably easy solution is to create a page with an Iframe. Upload the .htmm file on your site, and set the Iframe source to be the .htm document generated by excel.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        If you want to embed the document in a BV page, the only reasonably easy solution is to create a page with an Iframe. Upload the .htmm file on your site, and set the Iframe source to be the .htm document generated by excel.
        Naval -thank you - I explain below as I understand your advice...still no page - where did I miss it?

Here is what I did

1. Created a page with an Iframe http://www.fxsystems.info/finalnovstmnt.html
        2. Uploaded via Tools BV Ftp the .htm page to my site... fxsystems.info
        3. Set as property for the Iframe in the above page the file as follows:-

published the page.

Not as it should be...? Please advice further.
        Thank you

Comment

That sounds right....Although, your site is not loading at all on my PC so can't see what you've done.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
            That sounds right....Although, your site is not loading at all on my PC so can't see what you've done.
            Hi Darren, Thank you for the interest.

I have just republished the page to fxsystems.info.
            It tells me that it was successfully published, but I too can not raise it on the net - dont know why... do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Comment

The .htm file is in a different folder (downloads) so the Iframe source should have been set accordingly.

Further more, the excel file has not been correctly generated, as it asks for further files .

You should upload all files generated by Exel or save as Web Page in unique file.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The .htm file is in a different folder (downloads) so the Iframe source should have been set accordingly.

Further more, the excel file has not been correctly generated, as it asks for further files .

You should upload all files generated by Exel or save as Web Page in unique file.
                Naval, - It appears then that it can not be done.
                I have an option on my trading platform that allows me to save the trades as a rreport - I can select "All Files or Web page - both end up on my desk top as statement.htm. I then selct to "open with" and can select web page which is what I have or open with EXEL and come up with an EXEL file.
                How can I do this? I have now uploaded the .htm file to my "download" folder via BV FTP. Still no joy.

Is there anything else that is preventing me from using this in a page?
                Thank you
                Hans

Comment

take the htm page from your platform and upload it directly on your website, then point the Iframe to the .htm file URL.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

take the htm page from your platform and upload it directly on your website, then point the Iframe to the .htm file URL.
                    Naval, that's not possible it asks you if you want a report of your trading,
                    if you answer positivly it dumps that .htm file that I referred to on my desktop - strange - if I click to open it opens windows media player... which ofcourse does not open it - the only way I can now view it is by clicking on it and selecting "open as" the options which work for me there are Exel and the web page option which both give me that .htm file -

Hans

Comment

In any case, you need to get a htm or html file.

If you can open it in Excel, you can then Save As from Excel as Webpage in unique file.

Save it with another name, on your computer, upload it on your site and point the Iframe correctly.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                        Upload the document using Bluevoda' FTP client.

Once uploaded the links should look like this

.xls - http://www.mydomain.com/myspreadsheet.xls, note however that if your visitor doesn't have exel on their PC they won't be able to see it.

.htm - http://www.mydomain.com/myspreadsheet.htm, everyone should be ably to see it.

All the best
                        Hi Barry,
                        Got desparate trying to get this to work as .htm which I would have preferred, but for some reason it will not tfr the .htm file to the other side, eventually had to settle for uploading the spreadsheet to FTP as .xls and this way get it into my page - however as you say it opens as a spread sheet and this can readily be fiddled with by the receiver - is there any way to lock this sothat it can not be tampered with?
                        Thank you for the help worked at trying to do this for a solid 7 hours. No luck have to settle for 2nd best.
                        thank you
                        Hans

Comment

Sorry to say but I really don't understand why or what doesn't work for you.

If you can open it in Excel, you can CERTAINLY save it as .htm file.

Simply upload this file on your server.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry to say but I really don't understand why or what doesn't work for you.

If you can open it in Excel, you can CERTAINLY save it as .htm file.

Simply upload this file on your server.
                            Hi Naval,
                            That is what I would have liked, but for a reason I can not fathom, it will not transport the .htm file to the other side of the ftp... but it does if I call it .xls...

Here is the page perhaps it will help if you see...

Thanx for your continued help

Comment

Please look at http://dbtechnosystems.com/test/excel_in_frame.html

Took 3 mins to create from your own file.

When you save from excel, the file is saved as Stmnt.mht (Attention! not as .htm)

So Add in your page the "File Publisher" object, double click it and add the file Smntm.mht as file to upload.

Then simply set the Iframe to point to "Smntm.mht" . That's all it takes.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X