This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checkbox and checkout help

Hi guys i would like to create a page with lots of pictures (product samples) and a check box for each picture and also a check out button so when one of the boxes have been ticked and the user clicks check out , the selected item is displayed on the next page . please how do i do this ? so far i have been able to create the check boxes but i don't know how to carry out the second part . here is a picture illustration (i created this with MS paint)

Re: checkbox and checkout help

Provide a vaild URL hosted with VodaHost so we can provide the best answer ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi vasili i haven't hosted my pages yet , i have to put finishing touches to all pages before hosting and the question i asked is part of the "finishing touches " i have to make on my pages. i would appreciate if i get an answer

Comment

You'll probably need some kind of script to perform this function. Two people I know for sure that could help you would be Naval Design and Aliendude but you may have to pay them but thats up to them..lol. They'll be along soon I'm sure.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by luvbox View Post
          Hi vasili i haven't hosted my pages yet , i have to put finishing touches to all pages before hosting and the question i asked is part of the "finishing touches " i have to make on my pages. i would appreciate if i get an answer
          The reason I inquired is because it is highly suspect why you are creating images and elements in MS Paint when the same (if not better) can be accomplished using Blue Voda and the many features available as tools.

In leiu of having a web page hosted to look at in order to help you, it is common in the least to take screenshots of the working Blue Voda page to display the configurations and settings, so a clearer solution might be formed.

These forums are dedicated to suporting the use of Blue Voda as people use it to create their websites, and to support VodaHost hosting customers with other common issues so they can utilize their products and services optimally. Asking such questions about generically vague issues is not beneficial to you or the other Members of the Forums, as there is no commonality to any efforts .....

Maybe if you would describe a bit more about the actual process in detail you are trying to assemble, a more definitive suggestion might be offered (other than tossing a few names out, who would also be wondering exactly what function is really being attempted).

So, if you "frame" your web building 'issue' within the context of using Blue Voda, provide some specifics about the issues (screenshots, detailed commands, etc.), and fully describe the function you are trying to attempt (maybe even provide a URL to an example), you are sure to have a more cognizant and feasible solution offered.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The entire procedure requires custom coding in PHP.
            Actually the "logic" is that of a "order form" combined with that of a cart with product image capabilities.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

here is a screenshot of what the page should look like . when one of the checkbox has been ticked and the submit button gets clicked on , it takes the user to a new page , that has the users selection as well as a form. i really hope you guys help me on how to do this any suggestion would do.

Comment

In this case, helping you actually means building this for you, as this requires, as already said, custom coding.

This can only be done on an agreed upon (paid) basis, I'm afraid.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

@naval design please i would really appreciate it even if you just gave me a little tip on how or what html or php codes to use . i would appreciate your help please i really need to do this . i would love to pay you but right now i am in a very tight situation :( , please help

Comment

it doesn't require a shopping cart , all that is required is for the user to tick a checkbox and click continue in the next page the selection and a basic form is shown so the user fills up the form and clicks submit

Comment

Actually what you want to do is a Cart, but with multiple addition of products (usually products are added one at a time).

To create such a cart, you need a full database driven backend (to save the product details and images) plus a PHP / MySQL driven script.

It has taken me 2 months to create mine, so, as you understand, this is not something that can be explained.

However, if you search the net, you will most probably be able to find free carts that can almost do what you want, so I suggest that you do so.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

@navaldesign actually i wanted the details to be mailed to my webmailbox rather than to be saved in a database . so i guess i wouldn't have to create a database . I really need your help , i would be very grateful

Comment

In your first post you mentioned that you want the items displayed in the next page, when the user clicks on "Checkout". I got this to mean that you want the images and product details to appear. This DOES require a database.

If you only want the product title and eventually the price, without image, it is certainly easier. However it still requires coding. This is something that requires at least a couple of hours of coding, probably more, this is why I can't afford the time to create it for you.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X